Ammo can tool box mount for any tractor with ROPS

/ Ammo can tool box mount for any tractor with ROPS #1  

Lee Robinson

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610 HST
I should have mentioned that I also added about 1/2" length of 1/4" fuel line on the bolts that go from the angle iron into the ammo can so the rubber hose would be compressed like a rubber washer against the drilled out holes and would help to prevent rattle or water from getting in when it rains or when I wash it off.

Last edited:
   / Ammo can tool box mount for any tractor with ROPS #2  
I tend to use the PLASTIC tool boxes. Did the ammo can before and then found my wrenches and screwdrivers all rusted in the bottom.

You did great not drilling into the ROPs structure. Those that do 'could be' liable should the tractor be sold and the ROPs fail with the next owner(s).

632716d1576466618-where-mount-tool-box-mx_tool_box_rev-jpg.jpg

632714d1576466576-where-mount-tool-box-img_20140901_173255-jpg.jpg

really nice toolbox and setup.jpg

/ Ammo can tool box mount for any tractor with ROPS #3  
What I did.
IMG_2570.JPG
IMG_2571.JPG

I made two brackets that will fit either side right against the ROPS using two existing holes in the ROPS. Can don't budge, doesn't leak and has proven I don't need one on both sides (yet). I painted the brackets and box orang, of course. I used Nylock nuts on the bolts for the brackets just in case they came loose. Still just as tight as the day I put them on.

I also fabricated and installed braces on the platform stirrup. Didn't like the amount of flex I was seeing in the left fender and floor of the platform.

IMG_2616.JPG

/ Ammo can tool box mount for any tractor with ROPS #4  
I just removed the plastic Kubota box and installed a usable toolbox in the same location.
0CDD7AE0-1F9A-44F5-92D8-972D961A5E0E.jpeg

/ Ammo can tool box mount for any tractor with ROPS #5  
I just removed the plastic Kubota box and installed a usable toolbox in the same location.View attachment 726422

Just make sure not to have the machine out in the rain or washing with a hose, that metal tool box will get wet inside and rust the tools. I have first hand experience with that.

/ Ammo can tool box mount for any tractor with ROPS #6  
Just make sure not to have the machine out in the rain or washing with a hose, that metal tool box will get wet inside and rust the tools. I have first hand experience with that.
My tools and hitch pins are in the upper tray. The only thing in the bottom is a grade 8 chain.

/ Ammo can tool box mount for any tractor with ROPS #7  
My tools and hitch pins are in the upper tray. The only thing in the bottom is a grade 8 chain.

Just be sure not to get water in there. :) Rust can happen at any level with tools.

/ Ammo can tool box mount for any tractor with ROPS #8  
That wont happen with a real ammo can box in good condition, unless your method of mounting it messes up it's water-tightness. I've had a 50 cal metal ammo box mounted on my forwarding trailer as a parts/tool box for several years now. Everything in it stays bone dry, even though it is stored outside year-round. That's what ammo cans are meant to do. IF your mounting method involves drilling holes in the can to mount it, you'll need to use some sort of gasket or rubber washer to seal up around the bolts.

M95 tool box.jpeg

/ Ammo can tool box mount for any tractor with ROPS #9  
Not a very good picture but I use a ammo can along with a basket. This way I can keep tools separate from the other stuff I carry. I also can get the ammo/tool box and take it somewhere if need be.
20200510_184036.jpg

/ Ammo can tool box mount for any tractor with ROPS #10  
Not a very good picture but I use a ammo can along with a basket. This way I can keep tools separate from the other stuff I carry. I also can get the ammo/tool box and take it somewhere if need be.
View attachment 726510

I've seen those baskets on the market. Good to see the ammo can sits well enough inside. Yes, good to grab the ammo can and take it with you when needed. A clever way to haul things around.