An easier way to refuel your tractor

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #281  
Why I like gravity :D

enhance

You gotta get it up there somehow though.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #282  
I bought that sucker for hydro fluid. Said it would pump engine oil at a rate of .8 gallons per minute. I figured that was optimistic but it's easier than pumping myself. 30min later it had pumped less than a gallon. So while it might be ok for diesel, definitely not for oil.

I have used mine for pumping gear oil and engine oil worked fine maybe mine is different, it is different than the pump pictured. It does show a slower rate for oil than diesel which is to be expected. I have used mine to pump gear oil into tractor worked fine.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #283  
Have you tried the jiggle siphon? I set the 5 gallon can on the hood of the tractor, insert the siphon and jiggle it a few times to get the fuel siphoning into the tractor gas tank. I do that even on the riding lawn mower. While it's siphoning I walk away and do other things. It empties a 5 gallon can in 3 or 4 minutes.

I have to think that's easier than pump?

I've used the jiggle siphon for years. You can get them cheap at Tractor Supply sometimes. As I hit my mid-70s I downsized to 3 gallon cans to reduce weight. A neighbor, however, who has some disabilities uses a small block and tackle to lift his 5 gallon cans up to siphon out off. Works for him.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #284  
You gotta get it up there somehow though.

Not me.....the guy from the Co-op climbs a ladder with the truck's fuel nozzle and fills the tanks.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #285  
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Nice set up, but you still didn't add on the restrooms yet...............

Last edited:
   / An easier way to refuel your tractor #287  
Going on 4 years now and still works, you know what they say, accidents happen........... 11V Electric Diesel Oil Fuel Transfer Pump w/ Meter with 13' Hose & Nozzle Kit 8777916661 | eBay The only problem sofar was that plastic line that goes in the 30 gal barrel, it got brittle and broke.

Wish I had bought this pump instead os the 12v unit I have.

I built a portable fuel station but find I never take it out of the garage except to put it in the truck to get it filled.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #288  
Yeah TnAndy, I always admired your set-up!! It sure is pretty. durable, and definitely effective. I just haven't the need to keep that much fuel on hand for my uses. Always enjoy looking at it though, and wishing. Greg

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #289  
Yeah TnAndy, I always admired your set-up!! It sure is pretty. durable, and definitely effective. I just haven't the need to keep that much fuel on hand for my uses. Always enjoy looking at it though, and wishing. Greg

Thanks....it sure isn't the only way to go as noted in threads like this, but it works well for us......and heck, why take pictures and not show 'em ? :D

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #290  
When I got a diesel generator in addition to the diesel tractor, I decided to upgrade myself from the 5 gal can. The new setup is a large diesel tank from TSC and a Fill Rite 12v pump. It is on a pallet so I can put it in the pickup for filling at the gas station, then put it in the generator shed or on the equipment generator, or wherever else it might be needed. I put a two pole twistlock connector on the power cord. In the generator shed it plugs into a dedicated receptacle hooked to the generator battery. For fueling the tractor, I use an adapter with large alligator clips that hook to the tractor battery. There is a separate ground wire that connects the pump and tank to whatever is being fueled.

Attachments

• fuel.jpg
    fuel.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 98