An EV??????`

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / An EV??????` #1  

Williy

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT 235C Yannar YRC 60 rotary cutter, Yanmar RT72 rotary tiller B75 Backhoe & bucket & thumb, LS land grader
Screenshot from 2024-03-26 12-12-29.png

willy

/ An EV??????` #2  
I'm not sure of the model, but why would an EV be parked right next to a gas pump? It most likely was a gas filling mishap. Spilled gas? Smoking?

One theoretical risk I've read about was with self service gas. People would get out, start the pump, then climb back into their car to wait for it to fill, then get out and get hit with static electricity.

I did have a Blazer fire (good name?) I hadn't driven it for several years, then was doing some heavy towing. Anyway, I had a hole that was burnt in the top of the muffler that then burnt up through the floor of the Blazer and into the passenger compartment. Fortunately I was able to save it, and even drive it home. As I knew I had severe problems, I pulled off at a freeway exit. There was a gas station ahead which I knew should have help, but ultimately decided that they didn't want a flaming car at the station.

/ An EV??????` #3  

Time 7:59 to 8:06.

Ok, so a little Honda. Gas cap cover is open. No history of what happened. I'm a bit surprised that there is nobody around. Nobody hitting it with a fire extinguisher or with water. Both doors are wide open, so hopefully everyone got out safely.

/ An EV??????` #4  
I make myself more aware now not to park next to or very close to an EV. Don’t want my nice truck to go down on flames. I told my family and close friends that if I start talking about getting an EV to have me committed and medicated.

/ An EV??????` #5  
I make myself more aware now not to park next to or very close to an EV. Don’t want my nice truck to go down on flames. I told my family and close friends that if I start talking about getting an EV to have me committed and medicated.
I'm more concerned with all of the lithium battery powered items I keep in my truck.

/ An EV??????` #6  
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

/ An EV??????` #7  
Of course that was a gasoline powered Honda parked at the filling station that went up in flames. If you had parked your "nice truck" next to that Honda at the filling station, hopefully you would have been quick enough to hang up the pump and move your truck. Or, are you one of those people that like to park their pickup at the pump, stick the hose in the tank, and run inside? Ignoring your pump and everything happening outside.

There are more gas vehicles that burn than electric vehicles that burn, but the fires are different, and occur at different places.

/ An EV??????` #8  
I'm not sure of the model, but why would an EV be parked right next to a gas pump? It most likely was a gas filling mishap. Spilled gas? Smoking?

One theoretical risk I've read about was with self service gas. People would get out, start the pump, then climb back into their car to wait for it to fill, then get out and get hit with static electricity.

I did have a Blazer fire (good name?) I hadn't driven it for several years, then was doing some heavy towing. Anyway, I had a hole that was burnt in the top of the muffler that then burnt up through the floor of the Blazer and into the passenger compartment. Fortunately I was able to save it, and even drive it home. As I knew I had severe problems, I pulled off at a freeway exit. There was a gas station ahead which I knew should have help, but ultimately decided that they didn't want a flaming car at the station.
Probably filling their mower gas cans....Mowers do run on gasoline yet, so do chainsaws and brush cutters last time I checked, unless they have an E-Go electric lawnmower or a battery powered chainsaw, none of which I'm interested in anyway. Actually, I'm trading in one of my zero turn gas mowers for a Kubota diesel powered front mount mower. Sick of the gas guzzling V twins that power gas mowers so I'm going diesel. The front mount Kubota uses the same engine the compact tractors use (B series) naturally aspirated engines.

Besides, I can run it on the lower cost red dyed ORD.

I would never consider an electric ZTR as they are made in China and utilize Li-Ion batteries that the minerals are mined in China by slave labor as well.

Bad enough I own cordless battery powered tools.

/ An EV??????` #9  
Of course that was a gasoline powered Honda parked at the filling station that went up in flames. If you had parked your "nice truck" next to that Honda at the filling station, hopefully you would have been quick enough to hang up the pump and move your truck. Or, are you one of those people that like to park their pickup at the pump, stick the hose in the tank, and run inside? Ignoring your pump and everything happening outside.

There are more gas vehicles that burn than electric vehicles that burn, but the fires are different, and occur at different places.
Of course there are more gas car that caught on fire, cause there are probably 100 million of them in the US. I wonder what the percentage of gas car burning vs EV’s burning. If the percentage was about the same then the whole freaking country would be on fire and no I don’t get gas and then go in the store. I’m more respectful of others than that.

/ An EV??????` #10  

By yourself an EV Hummer and make sure you got a good tow truck guy in your phone, you’re gonna need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.