An EV??????`

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / An EV??????` #111  
Ok, you can keep repeating the same thing but it doesn’t make it correct. Also, you know 240v is different than 250 AMPS right? I have 100 amp service, I would have to have another line run from the road and my entire panel replaced. I’ll give you the number for my fleet company and you can talk to them, apparently you know better than they do. 🤡

Given I actually own two EVs, yes I know better. Don’t show your ignorance.

/ An EV??????` #112  
What is the cost of installing a new 200A service (or larger)?

I'm seeing estimates of $1000 to $2000 or so.

That is just a drop in the bucket for the price of a new car, and if you're spending $50 to $100 for fuel a day, then it would pay for itself in no time.

I might burn $50 in gas a day but I also drive anywhere between 250-500 miles a day which is way above the national average, so your $50-$100 a day number is a stretch to try to justify your point.

/ An EV??????` #113  
How long is your "Supercharge" going to take? I can fill my tank in I have a full tank when I get home, sans the gallon I burned after filling. If an emergency comes up I don't want to wait for the car to charge.

15-20 minutes will get you about 200 miles on a Tesla supercharger.
I have a full charge about 6 hours after I get home if I’m at 20%.

I rarely fill my ICE and not have to use the restroom when traveling long distances.

/ An EV??????` #114  
I'm not, either. I am realistic, however. Despite the hype, they simply won't work for most people in rural areas. I would consider a hybrid in the right configuration, as a second vehicle.
When Ford came out with the Maverick I found the base model to be quite appealing. Reasonably priced and relatively simple. Apparently a lot of other people did also as they were sold out soon after Ford started taking orders each year. Rather than boosting production, Ford increased the price by 30%.

I live in a rural area and my EV works fine for any situation.
They simply will work for most people in most areas.

Last edited:
   / An EV??????` #115  
And none of the “holier than thou” gang also understand it’ll cost trillions to upgrade the electrical grid and build more power plants

That means even higher taxes, on top of the taxpayer money already being confiscated from us so we can help EV buyers buy their EV’s.

It’s a religion at this point.

Electric grid is fine, especially if u charge at night when the biggest consumption of electricity such as the stove and dryer are not being used.
How much of our tax dollars are being confiscated to help you with your deductions you take when completing your taxes?

Last edited:
   / An EV??????` #116  
I live in a very rural area and my EV works fine for any situation.
They simply will work for most people in most areas.
How much does a Tesla 4x4 pickup with skid plates cost? How much does it weigh? I sometimes use my Colorado because my company Tundra weighs too much to get where I need yo go.

/ An EV??????` #118  
How much does a Tesla 4x4 pickup with skid plates cost? How much does it weigh? I sometimes use my Colorado because my company Tundra weighs too much to get where I need yo go.
Do you really think that anyone who buys one of those tesla trucks is actually going to use it for, you know, truck stuff? :ROFLMAO: :LOL: It's strictly a "show off" vehicle, only cargo anyone is gonna put in there is a set of golf clubs when they take it to the country club.

Status
Not open for further replies.