An EV??????`

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / An EV??????` #151  
I really don’t think you need to own an EV to have an informed opinion on what forced EV ownership will do to the economic health of this country.

I don’t think anyone should be forced to buy an EV. And I don’t believe any EV owner that has contributed to this thread has suggested it.

I don’t have a Crystal ball so don’t know if ICE will eventually be phased out.

Right now I need my diesel truck. If I lived in the city I probably wouldn’t own an ICE.

/ An EV??????` #152  
My opinion to those that are misinformed about EVs is to listen to those of us who actually own them. Just as I listened to those who owned a tractor when I sought information on this forum.
Your fuel source for the majority of your driving is at home.
My Tesla will charge to 90% at home from about 20% in about 7 hrs. I rarely get it below that level driving locally

A Tesla Y will cost about $40k if you qualify for the tax incentive.
I was on call after hours for most of my life, I'd get home and turn around and head 60 miles back in minutes. Sometimes multiple times all night long, most during tax season.

/ An EV??????` #153  
I don’t think anyone should be forced to buy an EV. And I don’t believe any EV owner that has contributed to this thread has suggested it.

I don’t have a Crystal ball so don’t know if ICE will eventually be phased out.

Right now I need my diesel truck. If I lived in the city I probably wouldn’t own an ICE.

I know I have said this before, but I am an IDEAL candidate for an electric medium duty truck. The torque would be phenomenal and all my trips are less than 40 miles.

I have an ICE BMW X5 and a Jeep Rubicon for personal transportation.

If they build a Ram 5500 with electric that’ll pull more than my current Cummins will, without taxpayer subsidies, I’ll buy it. But I don’t think it’ll happen.

/ An EV??????` #154  
I was on call after hours for most of my life, I'd get home and turn around and head 60 miles back in minutes. Sometimes multiple times all night long, most during tax season.

Sounds like a nightmare job situation regardless what kind of vehicle you drive.

/ An EV??????` #156  
Not really it is the life of the people that actually fix the stuff you depend on.....

What job did u do that was mostly during tax season?

/ An EV??????` #157  
High Speed mailing and sorting machines.
I was tech support for a 4 state area for years. May work a full day then drive/fly to another state to be there first thing or even that night if needed.
Until I got into design and install my life was defined by emergencies. We had 1000's on call every night and weekend in the US alone. Some guys in smaller markets would cover most of a state alone unless help or cover had to be brought in.

But let's think about rural life with volunteer fire and ems. Power, water and sewer workers.
Pretty much everyone that provides after hour services but not enough in any location to dedicate full time staff.

Do you really think linemen are working 8 hour shifts when a storm hits?

Last edited:
   / An EV??????` #158  
If I lived a city I would ride a bicycle or the bus. I don't. Having a vehicle tied up for 7 hours must be convenient. Where I live that wouldn't work, if only because I like being prepared for an emergency.
without taxpayer subsidies, I’ll buy it
agreed. 👍

/ An EV??????` #160  
If I lived a city I would ride a bicycle or the bus. I don't. Having a vehicle tied up for 7 hours must be convenient. Where I live that wouldn't work, if only because I like being prepared for an emergency.

agreed. 👍
Bike riders here get mugged and bikes stolen… millions spent on bike lanes but the public ain’t buying it if not safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.