An EV??????`

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / An EV??????` #211  
If the fuel pump disintegrates your diesel engine is toast. Look up the CP4 fuel protection kit.
That's why the CP4s are being replaced with CP3 pumps by so many, including Ram itself.

It's a bad design, and Ram only used it for a couple of years before realizing its mistake.

/ An EV??????` #212  
Last week 4 of us drove from Quitman Ar to OK city, in an F150, 364 miles. Found our hotel then went to eat, then to a museum, then drove to the Fed bldg memorial then back to the room. Next day drove to eat, then to another museum, then to another place to eat. Next day drove to Edmond Ok to the Biblical museum then back to OK city. Finally had to fill up and drove back home. Could an EV have done that, I think not. By the way never saw a charging station anywhere, none on the interstate going there or back, none at the hotel either.

You could make that trip with a Tesla. Charge in Ft. Smith, Ar and then 180 miles to Oklahoma City to charge again.
A simple google search of superchargers in Arkansas and Oklahoma will show you.

/ An EV??????` #213  
That's why the CP4s are being replaced with CP3 pumps by so many, including Ram itself.

It's a bad design, and Ram only used it for a couple of years before realizing its mistake.
That's good if you have a newer diesel truck but mine is 2014 F250. Does your diesel engine have an 8 year/120,000 mile warranty? Doubt it.
Point still remains. A diesel engine could need replacing just as an EV battery could need replacing. Lot of IFS.
When you own an EV come back and talk with actual first hand knowledge.

/ An EV??????` #214  
1 minutes run time.

/ An EV??????` #215  
That's good if you have a newer diesel truck but mine is 2014 F250. Does your diesel engine have an 8 year/120,000 mile warranty? Doubt it.
Point still remains. A diesel engine could need replacing just as an EV battery could need replacing. Lot of IFS.

I have never worried about warranties as I don't want others to work on my vehicles, so I don't know what time or mileage they cover. If I did worry about it, I'd get extended warranties.

And maybe I'm alowed a tiny bit of input here if I admit that I own a John Deere eGator? It never leaves the property, so worst case would be that I had to walk half a mile.

/ An EV??????` #216  
eww bending the truth again Trad your Tesla warranty is now becoming clear on Tesla owners sites they probably only will replace it with a 70% capable battery, so refurbished will be lower mile capable range, meanwhile put a refurbished diesel engine in and the range is same as the one it replaced...... hmmmm but I am on his ignore list because the truth on various Tesla owner websites and the various problems owners are seeing , conflicts with his exaggerations and he prefers to overlook those truths.

/ An EV??????` #217  
You could make that trip with a Tesla. Charge in Ft. Smith, Ar and then 180 miles to Oklahoma City to charge again.
A simple google search of superchargers in Arkansas and Oklahoma will show you.
You don’t get it do you. My point being I didn’t have to stop in Ft Smith, didn’t have to charge arriving in OkCity, I didn’t have to charge again coming back through Ft Smith, I didn’t have to charge when I got home. Hell I ran errands after getting back home to the store and bank. I finally filled up again the day after getting home.

/ An EV??????` #219  
This thinking is still baffling to me.

Do I really need to go buy an EV, trailer it home (since I know it won't make it on its own) just to be able to partake in the discussion?

Yes, it could be used to go to the post office, the nearest voting place, and the gravel pit. And the neighbors, of course. Basically, maybe 50 miles per year.

That'd be a very expensive way to have a voice that's apparently not covered by the First Amendment in your world.

/ An EV??????` #220  
You only have one vehicle?
The point being you could replace on of your vehicles with an EV.
Why? there is NO functionality a smaller vehicle would provide for me. The most used vehicle is a 2005 Durango that hauls everything in one shot. Wife goes to town, animal swaps, etc and unless it needs trailer she can haul it in the big cargo space. Next would the hemi powered Magnum almost as much space but a bit faster. We don't commute, do not go to the store every day, unless I'm running through a bunch of diesel on a project. No vacation trips in almost 20 years, I am happier here than any place else I've ever been and I traveled a lot. Beside I barely trust my kids to take care of my critter when I'm gone for a day.
Truck hauls trash on busy weekends or hay.
99% of my vehicle needs are met by one of the quads or one of the tractors. I see all the flats the city folks get with their rubberband tires on these here roads and I'll stick with good LT and AT tires, not an option when buying a Tesla.

Status
Not open for further replies.