An EV??????`

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / An EV??????` #261  
I have to keep repeating it because people, like yourself, keep spreading misinformation. I could care less whether you own an EV but maybe someone who is contemplating buying one might be influenced by your misinformation.

Every time I fuel my truck with diesel I pause a bit to make sure I'm not putting in regular gas. Those with with the DEF fluid have to worry about putting DEF fluid in the diesel tank. Those are built in problems.
Please list whatever kind of misinformation I have posted. Or at least one example.

I wouldn't exactly call having to actually think and not put gas in a diesel tank, or DEF in a diesel tank, "built in problems". They are certainly not built into the vehicle. Nothing is completely idiot proof.

/ An EV??????` #262  
Please list whatever kind of misinformation I have posted. Or at least one example.

I wouldn't exactly call having to actually think and not put gas in a diesel tank, or DEF in a diesel tank, "built in problems". They are certainly not built into the vehicle. Nothing is completely idiot proof.

Well, the EV house of cards seems to be crumbling as it is. Remove the subsidies and it would really speed up the process.

Define "crumbling". Removing subsidies would not "speed up" the crumbling process and you have no proof.

Tesla didn't have subsidies for a few years and still sold their product. The Model Y is the most popular car in the world!

It's obvious you wish to see the EV market disappear for whatever reason. No one is forcing you to buy one so I don't see your infatuation with it.

/ An EV??????` #263  
Define "crumbling". Removing subsidies would not "speed up" the crumbling process and you have no proof.

Tesla didn't have subsidies for a few years and still sold their product. The Model Y is the most popular car in the world!

It's obvious you wish to see the EV market disappear for whatever reason. No one is forcing you to buy one so I don't see your infatuation with it.
Ah but Governments around the world are forcing us with mandates , and forcing ICE manufacturers with mileage mpg requirements so thus forcing them to not long termplan for engineering of ICE ( so forcing even if mandates delayed) that is NOT missinformation.

/ An EV??????` #264  

Well, Ford and GM are delaying production of EVs, at least one proposed battery plant has been put on hold (maybe shelved for good, I don't remember).

Those are common sense actions if EVs aren't selling like some thought they would.

Common sense would also suggest that a higher price (no subsidies) would slow the sales down.

Maybe I'm relying too much on common sense, but it does keep me from putting gasoline in a diesel. Which is helpful.

By the way. Haven't verified it, but supposedly the Corolla is the most popular car in the world, not a Tesla. Which makes sense.

/ An EV??????` #265  
Amazing (or sad). A thread starts with one picture of a car on fire at a gas station, title of EV? and it goes on for 27 pages arguing about electric vehicles.

Maybe we should have a forum of just EV "discussions" to clear the rest of the forums.

Doug in SW IA

/ An EV??????` #266  
Well, Ford and GM are delaying production of EVs, at least one proposed battery plant has been put on hold (maybe shelved for good, I don't remember).
Those are common sense actions if EVs aren't selling like some thought they would.
Common sense would also suggest that a higher price (no subsidies) would slow the sales down.
Maybe I'm relying too much on common sense, but it does keep me from putting gasoline in a diesel. Which is helpful.
By the way. Haven't verified it, but supposedly the Corolla is the most popular car in the world, not a Tesla. Which makes sense.

You are so infatuated with Tesla and wishing for the companies demise that you can't even do a simple Google search that disproves your statement bolded above.

Model Y as of end of 2023.

You just asked "Please list whatever kind of misinformation I have posted. Or at least one example."
And then proceed to post misinformation. Got to love this forum!

/ An EV??????` #267  
Amazing (or sad). A thread starts with one picture of a car on fire at a gas station, title of EV? and it goes on for 27 pages arguing about electric vehicles.
Maybe we should have a forum of just EV "discussions" to clear the rest of the forums.

Doug in SW IA
Hmmmmm. Title of thread is "EV????" and we start discussing EV's. Who would have ever thought? :unsure:

/ An EV??????` #268  
You don’t get it do you. My point being I didn’t have to stop in Ft Smith, didn’t have to charge arriving in OkCity, I didn’t have to charge again coming back through Ft Smith, I didn’t have to charge when I got home. Hell I ran errands after getting back home to the store and bank. I finally filled up again the day after getting home.

You don't get it do you? Let me restate what you posted. I've bolded the critical statements for your assistance.

Last week 4 of us drove from Quitman Ar to OK city, in an F150, 364 miles. Found our hotel then went to eat, then to a museum, then drove to the Fed bldg memorial then back to the room. Next day drove to eat, then to another museum, then to another place to eat. Next day drove to Edmond Ok to the Biblical museum then back to OK city. Finally had to fill up and drove back home. Could an EV have done that, I think not. By the way never saw a charging station anywhere, none on the interstate going there or back, none at the hotel either.

"Could an EV have done that?"

Yes and EV (Tesla) could have done that. Now whether you want to do that is a different matter. I was just clearing more misinformation about the abilities of an EV that are spread by non-EV owners.

/ An EV??????` #270  
You are so infatuated with Tesla and wishing for the companies demise that you can't even do a simple Google search that disproves your statement bolded above.

Model Y as of end of 2023.

You just asked "Please list whatever kind of misinformation I have posted. Or at least one example."
And then proceed to post misinformation. Got to love this forum!

I did indeed do exactly that, and found that while the Tesla was the best selling vehicle in '23, the Corolla is the most popular car. There is a difference, or we could pick a year to our liking, making the Model T the most popular car, for example.

And speaking of misinformation, you have decided that I want EVs to go away, and apparently Tesla in particular. Please note that in reality I have tried (unsuccessfully) to point out that an EV simply isn't usable for me.

If others want to have one, that's not my problem and is fine with me. As long as they don't crash our local delicate power system. Heck, I could even benefit from it if helping the tow yard pluck the stranded ones off of the road sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.