Snow An observation from the deep south.....

/ An observation from the deep south..... #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
Usually this time of the year the owning/operating and attachment forums are snowed under (pun intended) with plenty of threads discussing two things: how to move/blow snow and/or tire chains. I just read in the news that this past January was the 4th warmest on record, since records had been kept. Global warming anyone???

So, I guess a lot of you are not getting as much seat time this winter because the snow just hasn't been there. Are you sad or glad?? For me.... we never have to worry about removing snow from driveways so I just know that my wallet will be a little heavier after paying my electric and gas bills for last month. I'm perfectly fine with that. :thumbsup: Besides, I like it warm anyway!

Ok, so it was about 25F this morning, supposed to be about 21 tomorrow morning. At least the morning temps will warm back up to the 30's & 40's in a couple more days. It was sure nice having a lot of 70 deg days the last few weeks! :thumbsup: The tree's are starting to bud out and bloom already!

/ An observation from the deep south..... #2  
So, I guess a lot of you are not getting as much seat time this winter because the snow just hasn't been there. Are you sad or glad?? For me.... we never have to worry about removing snow from driveways so I just know that my wallet will be a little heavier after paying my electric and gas bills for last month. I'm perfectly fine with that. :thumbsup: Besides, I like it warm anyway!

I have no problem with my B3030 staying in the barn this winter and keeping the hours low. Only been out with snowblower one time so far. "Seat time" doesn't mean a whole lot to me. It isn't a toy and I'm not 10 years old.
I'm also a half ton or so ahead in use for my pellet stove this season. Lower heat bills are always OK in my book! :thumbsup:

/ An observation from the deep south..... #3  
Usually this time of the year the owning/operating and attachment forums are snowed under (pun intended) with plenty of threads discussing two things: how to move/blow snow and/or tire chains. I just read in the news that this past January was the 4th warmest on record, since records had been kept. Global warming anyone???

Ok, so it was about 25F this morning, supposed to be about 21 tomorrow morning. At least the morning temps will warm back up to the 30's & 40's in a couple more days. It was sure nice having a lot of 70 deg days the last few weeks! :thumbsup: The tree's are starting to bud out and bloom already!

La Nina.

I got 10 inches of snow last night, lots of seat time today:thumbsup:

/ An observation from the deep south..... #5  
If I never saw another snow flake for the rest of my life, it wouldn't bother me in a negative way.... ;)

/ An observation from the deep south..... #6  
I live in southern BC at the 2000 ft level it is thawing today, the snow slid off the roof I was out with my little loader doing some clean up. People are talking about all the Robins and the trees budding, I live against the north side of a mountain, not much sun on the property for anouther month.

/ An observation from the deep south..... #7  
I just read in the news that this past January was the 4th warmest on record, since records had been kept. Global warming anyone???

Have you looked at Europe lately? It might be mild here in the US, but they're getting beaten up pretty badly over the pond.

Keith

/ An observation from the deep south..... #8  
Have you looked at Europe lately? It might be mild here in the US, but they're getting beaten up pretty badly over the pond.

Keith
La Nina:

Changes in sea surface temperatures in the tropical Pacific are "strongly linked to major climate fluctuations around the globe", which can last for a year or more, according to the WMO.[/QOUTE]

La Nina seems to have peaked, set to decline: WMO | Reuters

NOAA?s Climate Prediction Center: La Niña is back

/ An observation from the deep south..... #9  
If I never saw another snow flake for the rest of my life, it wouldn't bother me in a negative way.... ;)

I feel the same way, but I live in Michigan - for the forseeable future, it will remain part of my life.

/ An observation from the deep south..... #10  
I like using my tractor to plow snow but I'm also sitting at 48 hrs and I'd like it to be a bit warmer for my 50 hour service. The front axle doesn't seem to get very warm even plowing in mid range in 4wd up and down my hilly driveway so it would take forever to drain and fill at -5C.
I like winter though and kind of regret not building about 50km north as they have enough snow even this year for snowmobiling.