And the winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / And the winner is... #2  
US,

The election is over /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif No more polls /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Less pundits /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif No more projections /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif No more constant "I have a plan to..." /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We might be able to see news now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ And the winner is... #3  
<font color="red"> We might be able to see news now.
</font>

Didn't you really mean to say "we might be able to see REAL news now!"?

I know I voted, but I also know that I was getting really tired of hearing the polls, pollsters, and everyone else for the past 6 to 8 weeks.

/ And the winner is... #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I know I voted, but I also know that I was getting really tired of hearing the polls, pollsters, and everyone else for the past 6 to 8 weeks.
)</font>

Yeah, I agree with that.

But did you forget? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Now we get to start seeing all of the Christmas commercials! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I will say that at least it seems like someone is trying to be reasonable. I didn't see the first Christmas commercial until the day after Halloween! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ And the winner is... #5  
<font color="red"> Now we get to start seeing all of the Christmas commercials! </font>

Heck Garry, I'm almost DONE Christmas shopping for the lovely Mrs_Bob for this year!!! And since I don't have cable or satellite, I don't really see too many of the commercials on TV.

/ And the winner is... #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm almost DONE Christmas shopping for the lovely Mrs_Bob for this year!!! )</font>

Shopping's got nothing to do with it, Bob. I'm finished with the shopping for my wife too. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It's just the onslaught of these commercials that gets me every year. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I don't watch a lot of the network stuff anymore. I'm pretty much watching the Golf channel, HGTV, Discovery, History, DIY, and HBO sports when I do watch the T&V. But even those channels seem to get inundated with Christmas commercials. Just last night I was watching the 19th Hole on the Golf channel. A commercial came on with John Madden and some country music singer singing Christmas songs! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif John Madden? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif SINGING?? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Turns out it was a commercial - a Christmas commercial - for Outback Steakhouse! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I guess I would just like to see it toned down a bit.

Wishful thinking I suppose. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ And the winner is... #7  
I just hope our fearless leaders take steps to deal with the divisions of the last several years. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pete

/ And the winner is... #8  
Although I wanted it to be a specific candidate, it was as important to me that it didn't become a fiasco like in 2000. I'm glad it's over.

/ And the winner is... #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( We might be able to see news now. )</font>

You mean, we can get back to the Scott Peterson trial?? Perhaps it's almost over for us... geez, what will they replace it with? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ And the winner is... #10  
Richard, funny you should mention that trial. Whenever any station starts to report on the Scott Peterson trial, my wife & I both race for the remote to change channels or turn it off. What happened to that woman & her unborn was terrible, but it has become a media event all in itself. It turns me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.