Angry Beaver project (FEL build)

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build)
they handle is at least 12" long...so the valve isn't very long/tall... handle can always be shortened.

Have you ever ran a loader? Have you ever ran a joystick on a loader? Using two seperate valves is a pain in the *** at best, cumbersome and not very productive...I'll spend the extra bucks for a joystick... I might get the hydrualics plumbed in with the two individual spools as I already have them... but I'd rather make the hoses from the getgo with the joystick. I'm also looking at making my own loader arm hyd. metal lines instead of gawdy hoses.

I also picked up a 72" ratchet rake from a local TSC today. I will work on that once I get a new bucket. I've been looking for a 50-60" bucket for a while now, and haven't had any luck. I suppose I could make wider bucket, but I'm outof thick sheetmetal, and the amount of cost and time involved making one, I'm sure I can find a used bucket.

Umm... that's an awful lot of blade for that little Beaver. I tried running a 60" box blade behind mine.

I ran out of traction. :D

The back blade seems fine, it isnt a box so it doesn't have teeth...lol she pulled the dirt, erh uhm mud just fine last weekend. 5 foot seemed fine to me in both snow and dirt so far.I am going to buy a 4' box blade. Depth control is the key.... a 5 foot box will stop a 35-40 hp tractor dead in its tracks....

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #23  
I've had the 60" stop my JD855. Had my 72" grader blade basicly stopping me yesterday, but I was trying to grade mud about 6" deep. Took a while, channel graded and area draining without making road impassible.

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #24  
Got back into the groove this week. I ended cutting the lift/boom arms apart and changing the angle to push the bucket out a little farther. I ordered the new cylinders, and was able to fab up my new boom arm mount/reinforcements. This was very time consuming as the motor on my ancient drill press died, so with a 1/2" milwaukee hand drill....

ee1c577e.jpg

45bd821d.jpg

cd57d2c8.jpg

fcef5979.jpg

122d4c78.jpg

a43b83f9.jpg

1e6bc5f4.jpg

f5d6eb60.jpg

82b0c8b7.jpg

de851994.jpg

6c2a6cbb.jpg

a645a0fb.jpg

I also made some modifications to a piece of 2" angle iron that was 1/2" thick. I notched it for the driveshaft and the bellhousing nuts. This will get welded to the main cross beam for additional support. I also found a piece of 1 1/2" angle iron (1/4") that will slide between the two uprights and underneath the battery/fuel tank. I'm going to drill and tap the uprights and then weld some small tabs on the upper cross brace, again so everything is 100% removable. Once I get that done, I'll use some 1 1/4" box tubing from the uprights forward to the front frame crossover.
bd83dd3e.jpg

3a66921f.jpg

a89e2b79.jpg

b3b864f6.jpg

ace6bd73.jpg

While I was out and about checking out dealerships in the new to me area around my new house, I ran across this well built 48" box blade. It's just a little surface rust.. Should be perfect compliment to the loader for my grading needs this summer

9c44ed9b.jpg

cc699009.jpg

5cc58193.jpg

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #27  
Nice looking setup, I would get the joy stick valve with extra grapple function, I have found it's cheaper to do right the first time. Also might consider a quick-tatch mount, find a used skid loader bucket. Just think of the number of accesories you can buy, or build.:D

Nice looking setup, I would get the joy stick valve with extra grapple function, I have found it's cheaper to do right the first time. Also might consider a quick-tatch mount, find a used skid loader bucket. Just think of the number of accesories you can buy, or build.:D

boy, you must have been psychic...I've been thinking about that alot lately....

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #29  
cool project. makes me want to get out and start fabricating myself!

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #30  

boy, you must have been psychic...I've been thinking about that alot lately....

A quick attach bucket is something I really wish I had on my Beaver.

But, I don't think the skid steer quick attach is the proper route. They add a bunch of weight and length. I know that with my machine, I'd lose a lot of my lift capacity to a well built one. So I don't consider it an option.

The JDQA is something I've considered mimicking but also don't think it's quite the right idea though it doesn't add the weight and length of the SSQA.

I have an idea that should work, nothing drawn up though.

Now insofar as the 3rd function for maybe a grapple, there is no question. Do it. Since I have the JD855 with a loader, I have the grapple on pretty much all of the time. It allows me to do this..

There IS a Beaver in there, somewhere.

Projects001sm.jpg

There it is!

Projects002sm.jpg

I had done a bunch of tree trimming and needed to collect and transfer everything to the pile for shredding some time.

I also have a plow that attaches in place of the bucket on the Beaver, it uses the 3rd function to power angle. Haven't used it in a while since lighting on my machine stinks.