Angry Beaver project (FEL build)

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build)
Everything sure looks good. You said the speed is kind of slow for the cylinders. I wonder if that is a restriction somehow at the valve or adapter. How much does the speed change with respect to engine RPM?

A ton! Its simply not enough pump.. I kick myself for not plumbing in the aux pump for faster cycle times. But, it might be perfectly normal. I'm used to running bobcats, trackhoes, etc....so its a little slow compared to what I'm used to. I'd just rather not run around with the engine screaming... A hydrostat would be nice too...

Of coarse, its six million times better than a shovel and a wheel barrow!

here's some dirty pics after moving some fill dirt and rock into my "lake" hole.

also, that orange front tray slides in my front reciever. I have a 50lb weight and two 44 square weights that I can slide in the rear hitch if I need more weight. It makes a good chain carrier on the front. Guess I should paint it blue instead of the kubota orange since I won't be plowing with it anymore (was a counterweight plate for the little bota)

5315012e.jpg

03926a68.jpg

And here is some size comparison pictures. People dont realize how small the beaver is and what a capable machine it really is.

2c2b5046.jpg

be2806bd.jpg

a5031708.jpg

437f5ee8.jpg

I think it has come a long way from the airport looking tug when I got it....

5c2c58c0.jpg

Last edited:
   / Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #62  
If the speed for the cylinders is varying with engine RPM, at least your adapter block and valve aren't unduly restricting flow.

As you said, these little tractors are less friendly to use than hydrostatic drives for loader work. And they are vastly better than a shovel and wheelbarrow.

Is the notchback an '86?

If the speed for the cylinders is varying with engine RPM, at least your adapter block and valve aren't unduly restricting flow.

As you said, these little tractors are less friendly to use than hydrostatic drives for loader work. And they are vastly better than a shovel and wheelbarrow.

Is the notchback an '86?

no, that's an 89. I used to race it factory stock. That is the car that I traded for the tractor. traded it as a roller (no motor or trans). I tried selling if for 1K for about a year. so I figure I've got about 800-1000 bucks in my beaver. It needed a ton of work and I didn't have time for it. guy is going to make a 8 sec race car out of it.

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #64  
The front looked like an '86 since I couldn't see turn signals. The 5.0 is a fun car. An 8 second machine is even more impressive. I've driven a SuperComp car some, indexed to 8.90 seconds ( It will run faster than that, obviously). I can only imagine how squirrely that speed would be in a full bodied car! Awesome, but not for me! :laughing:

The front looked like an '86 since I couldn't see turn signals. The 5.0 is a fun car. An 8 second machine is even more impressive. I've driven a SuperComp car some, indexed to 8.90 seconds ( It will run faster than that, obviously). I can only imagine how squirrely that speed would be in a full bodied car! Awesome, but not for me! :laughing:

hey, I didn't realize the white 86 was in the background... haha. Thats a former Utah highway patrol car.

My 86 GT vert will go 10.50's. that's what I'm building now. fully Forged 342 stroker, CNC'd heads, my own custom fabbed intake, big Vortech blower and I'll shift my own gears..

89notch035.jpg

my cobra is just a cruiser. it goes mid 11's on 18" radials. phone video quality kinda sucks but should give you an idea...

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #66  
Do I remember you stating that you used a Ford blue?

Do I remember you stating that you used a Ford blue?

No. I used some POR 15 clear that I had and then top coated it while it was still tacky with krylon "true Blue" enamel.

It's very durable when combined with the POR 15

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #68  
When I can find some time (yeah, what is that?) I plan to do some major work to my Beaver to fix all kinds of things that are in need of attention after 30+ years of hard work. Thought of putting a coat of paint on while I'm at it. :D

good deal! I hope mine gives me 30 years worth of work.

Its starting to impress me....

more work done today..., although I'm going to try and find a 52"-56" bucket....

97fef10d.jpg

6e5481a3.jpg

874b2d53.jpg

3acd0f11.jpg

a5f41c9c.jpg

c50d30ad.jpg

back home from my two month long job in california... Going to start on the hay forks soon... also going to make a quick change mount similar to the little JD for the bucket and forks....