Annual Scotts Program

/ Annual Scotts Program
From What I can get info on Merit is the best for Grubs.We have white grubs here(Japanese Beetles)

My lawn is Falcon III Fescue Predominantly.

/ Annual Scotts Program #12  
We have the white grubs, too, and last week I spread 30# of "Grub Control" on the lawn. "Grub Control" was the big lettering on the two 15# sacks I bought at Home Depot, and I've already forgotten who made it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Just hope it works.

/ Annual Scotts Program
I used to use Diazinon before they took it off the market and have yet to use "Merit" but all the info & ag reports claim it is the "Cats' Meow" for controlling Grubs in this day & time.

/ Annual Scotts Program #14  
I used Miracle Gro fertilizer and weed killer year before last and it did an excellent job of killing the weeds.

Last year I couldn't find the Miracle Gro so I tried Scott's fertilizer with weed killer and it didn't do anything to the weeds. I was very disappointed with Scott's and will not use it again.

Wal Mart has the Miracle Gro but it seems like they only get about 1 shipment a year in so I am going to keep an eye on them and when they get it this year I will buy enough to last all year long.

Bill Tolle

/ Annual Scotts Program
Bill,
Scott's and Miracle-Gro are part of the same Corporation read this: Miracle-Gro & Scotts

I thought this was good information.

/ Annual Scotts Program #16  
Tom- Merit is the _____. It is a green and white bag that selss very good. Kills more then grubs...

Dylox is another good one.

/ Annual Scotts Program
What brand is in the green & white bag?

From what I read Dylox is a one shot treatment good in late August or Early September.
While Merit is to be applied in Mid-May to Mid-June at least that is for this area.

I do know Merit is pretty pricy at one place I called about it.Around $500.00 for enough to do my 40,000 square feet.

I will admit though they are high at Fayette Seed in Lexington,Ky.

/ Annual Scotts Program #18  
Merit comes in green and white. Either liq or granular

My wife gets Merit at work “dirt “cheap!
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Annual Scotts Program
Liquid Merit would be great : a lot simpler to distribute for me as i don't get around all that well anymore.

I will have to look into that or make a trip to Ma. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Annual Scotts Program #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My wife gets Merit at work “dirt “cheap!

)</font>
HAVE YOU PRICED THE COST OF DIRT LATLEY? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif