another 580 B Backhoe post

/ another 580 B Backhoe post #1  

Anonymous Poster

hello,

I'm looking at a 580B also. It starts and runs great, feels tight. The owner claims it has been gone over extensively, and taken good care of. For the year (73') I was impressed with the shape it was in, but did notice some welds on the loader arms and hydrolic fluid drip/buildup around 3 of the rams. Owner is asking $8500 but will take $8000. With packing rams and welding I'd probably be into it for close to $9000. What do you think?

/ another 580 B Backhoe post #2  
9/13

Too much money and according to cowboy and others, too old (technology, etc). Even my brother said to get at least a D if possible.

Get your "pricing legs" using http://www.traderonline.com and http://www.gsnet.com.

Good luck. I have concentrated on excavators since looking at the B.

Jim

/ another 580 B Backhoe post
This is going to be used for extending a parking lot and some landscaping (intermittent use). I checked out those links (thanks jgh!) and that appears to be a pretty good value considering units in that price range are either the older CK, or not in as good of shape. This has the shuttle transport transmission. I know it sounds like I'm talking myself into this, but a $8000 backhoe in good working shape is hard to find out here. I would like a "D if possible" but I don't have that kind of budget or investment need. Still looking to be talked out of it .

/ another 580 B Backhoe post
This is going to be used for extending a parking lot and some landscaping (intermittent use). I checked out those links (thanks jgh!) and that appears to be a pretty good value considering units in that price range are either the older CK, or not in as good of shape. This has the shuttle transport transmission. I know it sounds like I'm talking myself into this, but a $8000 backhoe in good working shape is hard to find out here. I would like a "D if possible" but I don't have that kind of budget or investment need. Still looking to be talked out of it .