Another B7100 question, new owner...

/ Another B7100 question, new owner... #1  

Blagadan

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100D
Hi Guys,

I dont know if this is normal for a Kubota but I'll post anyway. I had the tractor running at idle speed for about 30 mins lastnight, using the tractor lights to get one last job done late in the evening. As I was walking back up to the tractor, I noticed a little vertical tube on the steering tie rod side of the engine. It was blowing quite a bit of vapour down out of it. When I lifted the hood, I saw it was a vent tube connected to the top of the rocker cover. It seemed like an awful lot of venting out though, about half as much as the exhaust output. Now I dont know is this normal for a 3cyl diesel to vent out a lot, or do I have a problem with the engine...??? The oil is nice n black, no signs of comtamination, the coolant is clear too, no signs of oil...? This tube tends to leave a few drops of oil on the concrete floor of my workshop where I park it.

Am I worrying for nothing?

thanks,

Blagadan

/ Another B7100 question, new owner... #2  
It could be be that the cool damp evening was making it look worse than it is. A few oil drops out of that vent does not seem unreasonable.
Other than during a problem I had last spring I have not noticed any vapour comming out of the crankcase vent tube on my B7100. In my case the tactor ran poorly also.

/ Another B7100 question, new owner... #3  
Mines been doing that for about 2600 + hours.:D

/ Another B7100 question, new owner...
I'll take it that it is normal then... good.

I think you're right Tig, I had a look again yesterday in the day time and there was very little vapour, but sure enough that eve it was a lot cooler, the vapour was back. Just hot "oily" air then..

thanks,

blag

/ Another B7100 question, new owner... #5  
my 7200 leaves a blop out of that hose after i shut it off done it since new