Another Craigs list funny

/ Another Craigs list funny #11  
Seems to be common theses days. I watched a Ritchie Brothers Auction down in Denver a couple of weeks ago and I could not believe how much things were going for. I guess that the construction business is booming and causing this but literally excavators were selling for twice what we expected and some of the little trailers I saw were selling for full retail even though they were used.

Guns are even worse. If there is no paperwork involved they will get well over full new retail pricing.

/ Another Craigs list funny #12  
Sometimes the advertisements....
I want to see one of y'all mow with this.
7 Foot Finishing Mower

Craigslist%20-%20not%20a%20finish%20mower_zpsmeogodzn.jpg

I dont see the issue. It clearly says it works great...

/ Another Craigs list funny #13  
AND if you mow your lawn with it, you can be "finished" for a good long while.:laughing:

/ Another Craigs list funny #14  
I've seen this at auctions. Used stuff selling for more then they could have bought it brand new. It's like they don't have a smart phone and never thought to look up what it costs online.

Eddie

Yep. I went to a woodworking tool auction once.....the stuff was Grizzly brand, and WELL worn....as in nearly junk. The first item sold was a band saw that brought little over new price.....I was standing there with the catalog in hand with the current prices. I thought "well, maybe a lone nut ? " Next piece, same thing ! I walked back to the truck where my wife was knitting, thinking we'd be there a couple hours, and she asked "You done ??"

"Yes....we need to get out of here....quick....there are a bunch of escaped mental patients down here bidding on equipment, and it could turn ugly at any time !" ..... :D

On the other hand, we went to a another auction, and there was a 60" Woods finish mower that sells every day for $500-800 that apparently nobody wanted. One guy bid $25. I thought, heck, it's worth more than that as SCRAP metal....and bid $35. I got it. Ended up having to drive back home and get my truck, didn't even come prepared to buy something like that (wife was interested in some of the household stuff). I'm gonna slap some new paint in it (paint was faded), and make 500 bucks on it.

/ Another Craigs list funny #15  
AND if you mow your lawn with it, you can be "finished" for a good long while.:laughing:

To run one properly dirt must be hitting you in the back. Well that's what I was taught. So yea you only need to mow three or four times a year.

/ Another Craigs list funny #16  
I had an auction back in 89 and things sold for more than I paid for them new. I had only used them for 10 years so I didn't get mad. :cool2:

/ Another Craigs list funny #17  
Right after the Sandy Hook shootings, when ammunition and even reloading components weren't to be found, I got a new reloading outfit then posted my old equipment on E Bay, it all brought quite a bit more than I had given for it new, I made more than enough to pay for my new outfit.

I went to an estate auction last week and watched two guys get into a bidding war over a County Line 5' rear tiller, it finally went for $1625. On the way home I stopped by Tractor Supply and they had two new ones sitting in the lot for $1599.

/ Another Craigs list funny
Here's another CL funny:
Rubbermaid shed for sale - $150 (Fairfax, VA)
Rubbermaid shed for sale for $150. Size is about 6.7 inches by 9.7 inches.