Buying Advice Another first used tractor! And a first post! Woo Hoo Im a farmer now!

/ Another first used tractor! And a first post! Woo Hoo Im a farmer now!
Well I am near Portland and out here we are weirdos so honestly I know to the right person it would add value. But who knows when I will even get around to painting it...

SomethingForever_com-XL.jpg

/ Another first used tractor! And a first post! Woo Hoo Im a farmer now! #42  
That's neat! I can't imagine you'll be getting stuck too quickly with those paddlewheels on the tractor.

Yeah I heard these type of tires are illegal to sell now. Is that true?

/ Another first used tractor! And a first post! Woo Hoo Im a farmer now! #44  
Well, you probably will have a tough time buying them, but you wont need to in a long time.

Those tires are/were used to navigate the rice fields in Japan and many early tractors came with them - the Mitsubishi 17 HP I bought in 1994 looked very similar in tires and size.

Its a nice looking machine for the age, and it will do a lot - I still say keep it orange,

Carl

/ Another first used tractor! And a first post! Woo Hoo Im a farmer now! #45  
That's a very nice looking tractor. Congrats

And I agree with Carl, keep it orange when you get around to repainting it.

Thanks guys. Are the back wheels on this B6000 supposed to have a little play in them? Its not much at all, just not tight. I was thinking of extending the rear tires out by 3 or 4 inches on each side. Has anyone done that before?

As far as the paint goes, we will see how I feel about my idea when I actually have the time to paint it ;) I still like it now... I know its not traditional, but neither am I and I don't think it would effect re-sale as much as you might think if its a well maintained tractor.

/ Another first used tractor! And a first post! Woo Hoo Im a farmer now! #47  
Yeah the play in the rear wheels is normal. You can adjust the tread width by sliding them in or out. You should be able to remove some play with the set screw too.
BTW, nice looking tractor!

The wheels are already on the outer most setting. I was thinking about milling a heavy duty extension to move the back wheels out even more. Also.. in cold or warm weather it takes about 10 times turning over before the engine starts. Is this normal? I usually hold the glow plugs for about 30 seconds.

/ Another first used tractor! And a first post! Woo Hoo Im a farmer now! #49  
It looks similar to my b7100, you may be able to swap the rear wheels to opposite sides to increase width

/ Another first used tractor! And a first post! Woo Hoo Im a farmer now! #50  
I have a few hundred hours of digging on my B4200 which is similar to your tractor but 12HP diesel. When I see those rice paddy tires I think of a grey market import from Japan, not imported by Kubota, so its safe to paint it Yellow.