Comparison Another Kubota vs. Deere Quandary

/ Another Kubota vs. Deere Quandary #61  
JD is pushing the "composite" (plastic, call a spade a spade) angle as a feature for a while now. Supposedly the hood can stand up to more abuse without getting beat up. The clear solution is to not drop cr@p on your hood, but that seems to have escaped them somehow.

I can verify this lol, I dropped a square bale on my hood and it came out unscathed. Bale was up high, loader was at full reach, I was throwing bales on the forks from the loft and one jumped the backstop, was sure I was gonna smash the hood but it wasn't a direct hit either.

All in all the plastic doesn't bother me, deere made quality plastic that doesn't fade at least.

/ Another Kubota vs. Deere Quandary #63  
Ok ok UTV lol. I thought RTV was wrong.

No worries. Just making the point that Kubota's larger RTV uses a drive system like no others. It's basically an HST tractor drive system but instead of a treadle you have to shift from forward to reverse using a lever. Very aggravating. RTV owners would be in heaven if Kubota offered a modification to a treadle system. :)

/ Another Kubota vs. Deere Quandary #64  
So based on the Deere E series or the non grand L Kubota. I would go Kubota lol.

I looked and sat on both tractors, I didn't run them both. I liked the Kubota L4901 and didn't like the E3038 JD. I would have chose the 3038E over the L3901 based off loader capacity alone.

My thoughts on the JD was the tractor felt cheap, the dash wasn't attractive, the fuel gauge looked like a probe you would stick in a turkey in a hole in the hood and overall I didn't like it. IMG_7318.JPG

I love my 4320 but it's more like a R than a E.

When I looked at the Kubota everything was metal, the deck was metal, the fenders ext, it felt like a old school dependable tractor.

I did not know the FEL was such a pain to take off the E series. Being it's not a stock option I figured it was quick attach. For me that would be important even know I have yet to take mine off, I don't want to be stuck not being able to.

I didn't get to play or look at a grand Kubota so I can't say if I would like that over the R series or not.

I would chose the Mahindra 1533 HST first and Kubota second.

/ Another Kubota vs. Deere Quandary #66  
does not fade?

its far worse than it even looks in the picture.

UsedEquipmentImage.ashx

I have seen there plastics fade on lawn mowers if they sit outside there entire life, idk it just seemed like my tractor now 12 years old was still dark green, it has surface rust in places to suggest it spent a lot of time in the elements.

But I don't know it's history.

/ Another Kubota vs. Deere Quandary #67  
Dual pedals/treadle?

Why do some people argue that what they prefer is the only way to go? :rolleyes:

Individual preferences is all that really counts. Not what somebody else likes or dislikes. :confused3:

/ Another Kubota vs. Deere Quandary #68  
Dual pedals/treadle?

Why do some people argue that what they prefer is the only way to go? :rolleyes:

Individual preferences is all that really counts. Not what somebody else likes or dislikes. :confused3:
I have one of each and don't prefer one over the other.

/ Another Kubota vs. Deere Quandary #69  
Dual pedals/treadle?

I keep my entire foot on it, on the kubota.
My lawn mower has 2 pedals, prefer one.

it's not the deal breaker.

/ Another Kubota vs. Deere Quandary #70  
So based on the Deere E series or the non grand L Kubota. I would go Kubota lol.

I looked and sat on both tractors, I didn't run them both. I liked the Kubota L4901 and didn't like the E3038 JD. I would have chose the 3038E over the L3901 based off loader capacity alone.

My thoughts on the JD was the tractor felt cheap, the dash wasn't attractive, the fuel gauge looked like a probe you would stick in a turkey in a hole in the hood and overall I didn't like it. View attachment 504131

I love my 4320 but it's more like a R than a E.

When I looked at the Kubota everything was metal, the deck was metal, the fenders ext, it felt like a old school dependable tractor.

I did not know the FEL was such a pain to take off the E series. Being it's not a stock option I figured it was quick attach. For me that would be important even know I have yet to take mine off, I don't want to be stuck not being able to.

I didn't get to play or look at a grand Kubota so I can't say if I would like that over the R series or not.

I would chose the Mahindra 1533 HST first and Kubota second.
I Think the turkey thermometer fuel gage is very practical for refueling, as long as the instrument panel has a fuel gage also.