Another MX6 Brush Hog Failure

/ Another MX6 Brush Hog Failure #161  
And by the way, any of you with a current MX6 shaft problem OR sitting there worrying about it, really should make an appointment and talk to the closest John Deere district service rep. You are not necessarily after anything or begging $, you want to know for sure what the problem is/was. As noted above I believe it had to do with the center bolt coming loose but I've not talked to any Deere district people. You should.

/ Another MX6 Brush Hog Failure #162  
IF I had an MX6, I'd be making an appointment with an auctioneer!

There are MUCH better rotary cutters out there for similar money, and you don't have to worry about them breaking!!

SR

/ Another MX6 Brush Hog Failure #163  
The unit I have actually has a key in the shaft that bolts on the stump jumper. I contacted JD on 7/6/19 1-800-537-8233- I have contacted my local dealers and they have not offered any help. If others could contact JD that would be a great help.

/ Another MX6 Brush Hog Failure #164  
View attachment 611822View attachment 611823View attachment 611824View attachment 611821
So you guys really haven't found a box that will just mount back up on the JDMX6 cutter? I have the same issue, cutter has less than 100 hours easily. I priced JD and that's not going to happen and I found the same gearboxes at the Green Part Store for the exact gear box for 891.00 and a new version of that gear box for 891.00. My issue is I dont want to put this kind of money in something that I don't even know if the casting problem was fixed. I did find the shaft kit on ebay and that vendor told me he had sold over 1000 of these kits to fix the MX models. JD has not responded to me at all on this matter but you would think they would want to at least admit there is a problem. I will most likely buy a USED bush hog that looks like it want last because those usually last forever.

From your pictures, I see you have the made in China gear box. I thought only the made in Spain gear boxes were the problem MX mowers. Now I know there are not any "immune" from failure MX mowers.

/ Another MX6 Brush Hog Failure #165  
The unit I have actually has a key in the shaft that bolts on the stump jumper. I contacted JD on 7/6/19 1-800-537-8233- I have contacted my local dealers and they have not offered any help. If others could contact JD that would be a great help.

Wow ! Looking at one of your images it looks like you have a NUT on the shaft with a cotter key !? That is a whole different ballgame. Mine was probably an earlier unit but in any case had a bolt with no keeper or cotter key or anything to hold it there other than torque/tightness. Maybe a lock washer, I can't remember. Anyway a secured nut versus a bolt would be a significant difference. Probably also blows my theory of the stump jumper flying off and causing the shaft breakage.

/ Another MX6 Brush Hog Failure #166  
From your pictures, I see you have the made in China gear box. I thought only the made in Spain gear boxes were the problem MX mowers. Now I know there are not any "immune" from failure MX mowers.

How can you tell?

/ Another MX6 Brush Hog Failure #167  
I bought an mx6 from Coker tractor in Arab, Alabama last fall. D!,& ***** me didn’t think to look under it before I brought it home. After the first use “not hitting anything”,I noticed a huge dent in the stump jumper. Then I read all the stories on the mx failure. I figure they’re putting big ***** dents in the stump jumper to void the warranty! Look at your hog underneath before you take it home or receive it from delivery!!!!!! The stump jumper is like 3/8” thick! If I would have hit something to make a dent like that I would have knew it right off. Plus the stump jumper is spinning and could not get a dent in it like a huge sledgehammer hit it several times in one spot.

/ Another MX6 Brush Hog Failure #168  
How can you tell?

Post #158, picture 3, the tag says "Made in China". The made in Spain gear boxes have "Spain" cast on the gear box.

/ Another MX6 Brush Hog Failure #169  
Post #158, picture 3, the tag says "Made in China". The made in Spain gear boxes have "Spain" cast on the gear box.

I couldn’t see it on my phone sorry

/ Another MX6 Brush Hog Failure #170  
Yes mx7 is trash also output shaft broke as if someone sawed it off. Sabatoge. We had a local dealer that did a great job fixing these tractors and JD ran them outa bizzness just to come in town and lay down. Took 3 tractors to them they fixed 1. I told them they need to get sum girls to work on the tractors. Smh. Sold me a no good battery and I had to take the tractor to the shade tree mechanic to fix it. Their just clowns. JD wants to make it illegal to work on your own tractor. Their is a youtube video "Motherboard tractor Hacking" I encourage everyone to watch.