Another Newbie

/ Another Newbie #1  

Hillbilly7735

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1010
Hi folks,
I am from Ohatchee, AL, and just bought my first tractor about a year ago. It is a Massey Ferguson 1010, 2wd, straight shift model. I believe it was manufactured in 1991 or 1992. I have been around tractors some, but not a lot, however, this is the first that I have owned, and it is the first time that I have had to worry about what type of equipment to use, and more importantly, making sure that I have the equipment attached properly. It is also the first diesel of any type that I have ever owned. I found out just how hard some parts can be to locate about 8 months ago when I had to have a radiator built for it. At that time, I found a couple used ones, but none close to home, so I had to have one built. I wish I had known about this site then. I found a couple used radiators, but by the time that I would have paid for shipping, it just made more sense to have one built. My biggest concern now is keeping the tractor serviced and making sure that my equipment is connected properly. I have a Woods RM59 Finishing Mower, and an unknown brand 4 foot bush hog. I also recently purchased a middle buster to aid in preparing my garden. I need to change my oil and service the tractor, but I am a little lost as to the type of oil to use, and exactly how I need to go about changing the hydraulic fluids. I tried to buy an oil filter at a local auto parts store, and it was pretty obvious that I had the wrong one when I got home and it was half the size of the filter that's on the tractor. Anyway, I am here just looking for advice on how to take care of my tractor so that it will continue to provide years of service. I asked around a lot before purchasing this tractor, and from the advice I received, I couldn't go wrong with anything built by Massey Ferguson. I own 10 acres of land. Approximately 2 acres of it is yard, and about 5 acres is pasture. In the summer time, I typically have to mow at least once a week and cut the pasture at least once every 2 weeks. I also use the tractor and the middle buster for a small garden, and eventually want to invest in a turn plow and cultivator, however, those will come at the time that I can afford them.

/ Another Newbie #2  
:welcome: From Ohio

/ Another Newbie #4  
If possible, do your best to obtain an Operator's Manual for your make and model. It will prove to be an invaluable tool for now and in the future. BTW, welcome aboard and best wishes.

/ Another Newbie #5  
Greetings and welcome to TractorByNet. :tractor: -the kid