Another no forward or reverse

/ Another no forward or reverse #1  

Mikbe

Tractor
Terramite T5B
I first apologize for the novel, 2nd I apologize for the same question.
I purchased a T5B last summer. Everything worked great does have a lot of play as expected but did all I need it to do.
I was digging 3 foot holes to set posts.( ground is shale and big rocks post hole digger not an option)
Dug 2 holes moved to the 3rd. 3rd hole dug and went to move and the machine made an awful loud noise and seemed to be vibrating.
Machine moved but moved very slow. ( only moved about 8 feet)
Removed cover plate and inspected hoses and fluid level. Placed hand on what I thing is the Transmission and the center section was hot could not keep hand on it placed hand on final drive and it was cool. started machine and tried to move. Would not move, same noise placed hand again on trans and drive felt no vibration but the I could fell vibration on right side hose that comes from trans to final drive.
I changed filter and drained tank and replaced with 15w40 oil as recommended. Made no difference. Oil is clean, no foaming, front bucket and rear hoe work great.
If the machine is cold it will move with noise forward and backward slowly. I lifted with hoe and wheels spin with no noise, I placed the bucket against a dirt pile and it stalls when I try to move forward.

The machine worked great last summer nd this summer until now. It was not slowly going and I was not having any problems seems it went all at once.

Is there rebuild kits for trans and final drive? Could it be a collapsed hose?

Don't now year but posting pics. Thank you all for your answers and help.

Attachments

• IMG_20231004_160534.jpg
    IMG_20231004_160534.jpg
    965.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20231004_161422.jpg
    IMG_20231004_161422.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20231004_162433.jpg
    IMG_20231004_162433.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20231004_162543.jpg
    IMG_20231004_162543.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
  • tag.jpg
    tag.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
   / Another no forward or reverse #2  
First make sure it's not something simple. Check the foot pedal shaft where it connects to the hydro and make sure something didn't loosen up there. The fact that the hydraulics are working indicates that the engine to trans coupler is probably ok. Just so you know, the forward section is the hydrostatic trans and the back end is the hydraulic pump. If you can find the model numbers on the hydro you can download the repair and troubleshooting manual from Eaton. The model numbers should be stamped on the mounting flange of the unit, probably in a spot that's really hard to see. The numbers in your pic are just casting numbers. That compartment looks so empty compared to my T-6 with 4 wheel drive. I've attached pics of where to look for the trans numbers and what a trans compartment looks like when you have 4wd. Also you can download manuals here-http://terramite.info/index.php/equipment/t5c/ Good luck.
100_5396.JPG
100_5928.JPG

/ Another no forward or reverse #3  
Exactly what kind of 15-40 oil did you use ?

/ Another no forward or reverse
I had time today and checked the foot pedal shaft today. It has a steel square that slides over the pump end. I watched it and moved the pedal and held it with my hand and could not see or feel any slippage in it. I did find a lot of numbers, posted in pics
Do I need to call Eaton direct? Or online they give the PDF do I jut order from it?
The first pic shows stamping on the rear section, 2nd pic shows underside front section, 3rd picture is from mid section can't read all of it.
I used 15w-40 from NAPA that comes in their 5 gallon bucket, said diesel oil. Filter was also from NAPA. I made sure it was not synthetic.

I did have to move the machine today. Started cold went in reverse approximately 70 feet, started making high sounding grinding noise, went forward about 15 feet then no further. Thankfully I had it parked and did not have to move any further.

Attachments

• IMG_20231007_165314.jpg
    IMG_20231007_165314.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20231007_163924.jpg
    IMG_20231007_163924.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20231007_163502.jpg
    IMG_20231007_163502.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
   / Another no forward or reverse #5  
Thank you for all the help. Guess the first thing I will do is perform a tear down and see what is inside. Had a friend look at it and he says he had a similar problem on a machine and the bell was cracked, keeping my fingers crossed. If I find anything I will try and post pics and where I find the replacement parts.

/ Another no forward or reverse #7  
I hope it turns out to be something not too difficult or expensive. Be sure to let us know what you find, we can all learn for others experiences.

Okay, Pulled pump/transmission today. I have attached the pictures. I cannot find anything wrong with it. no wear or gouges. shaft looks fine, no teeth broke, all needle bearings good and in place.
I did pull the return line and fluid drained slow. I removed filter(screen filter) and it was dirty, cleaned with gas and gumout. re-installed and crossed fingers hoping that was problem, hooked everything back up and added oil. no difference. pulled unit.

One good thing about cleaning filter bucket and hoe are more responsive. Forward and reverse when cold with loud noise then gets hot and nothing.

please look at photos. Any and all feed back is appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20231011_184609.jpg
    IMG_20231011_184609.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20231011_184617.jpg
    IMG_20231011_184617.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20231011_184637.jpg
    IMG_20231011_184637.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20231011_184643.jpg
    IMG_20231011_184643.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20231011_184702.jpg
    IMG_20231011_184702.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
   / Another no forward or reverse #9  
From what I can see in your pictures, it looks good inside. Did you down load the Eaton manual? It says one of the problems could be a bad relief valve among other things. Also in your first post you asked about a collapsed hose. The suction line on the left side is only for the hydraulics. The hydro suction line comes out of the tee between the filter and the tank. That hose could be bad inside restricting oil to the hydro. That would cause cavitation in the pump. Is it noisy all the time or only when you try to move? When you are in nuetral the swash plate is vertical and the pistons aren't trying to pump only the charge pump is working. Can you tell for sure the noise is from the pump? There's the chance the drive motor has a problem and the hydro is struggling to make it move. Just throwing ideas out.

Thank you. I am in the process of putting back together. I have a couple hoses that are dry rotted and falling apart. I am waiting for the replacements. Didn't check for collapse line yet just replacing damaged hoses but will check them. The line you mentioned is one that is being replaced. Going to pull valves and check them also. To the noisy part it is only noisy when I try to move it. Yes I did download the manual and also received all paperwork with the machine. I cannot feel any vibration in the pump or the drive motor when I tried to move it, I only felt vibration in the right hose going to the drive motor. Also going to check them. Raining here tomorrow but will repost with anything I find.