Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #1  

jas67

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610 + Kubota G1800-S
For those of you in New England that have been envious of the Mid-Atlantic snow storms, now it's your turn.

Parts of upstate New York, and New England could get up to 30 inches.

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #2  
I'm ready !!! I cant wait !!!:drool:

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #4  
Cant wait, The only differance between this storm on the ones that hit M.D. and D.C. Are Schools will only be closed for one day, ( maybe not at all) no shortages at stores, No nation wide press coverage for a week. why, its only a little snow. :)

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #5  
Cant wait, The only differance between this storm on the ones that hit M.D. and D.C. Are Schools will only be closed for one day, ( maybe not at all) no shortages at stores, No nation wide press coverage for a week. why, its only a little snow. :)
Could that be due in part to the fact that almost 1/2 of the trucks on the road up here have plows on them, or the fact that most COUNTIES (I am including the municipalities therein with these numbers) probably have more snow removal equipment than all of the governmental organizations in the entire STATE of MD and they were hit with what even those up here in the north would call a good sized storm :D.

Aaron Z

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #6  
Western Md. sees quite a bit of snow up here in the mountains unlike down state.. But this last storm (well, actually two storms within a week) dumped right around 40" of snow on top of what we already had. To top it off we had the wonderful 30+ MPH winds for days on end..

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #7  
We are getting a wet heavy snow as I speak here in Maine.

The trouble is the weather has been warm and it continues to be warm....therefore, in many areas, the ground is NOT frozen.

In other words....it's going to be one big mess.

The white has covered up the brown so, that's a good thing. And, the John Deere will be operating for 2 or 3 hours (at least) over the next 3 or 4 days and that's a good thing as well.

Skiing Sunday.!!!!:D

Bring it.!!!!

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #8  
good point jdgreengrass. trouble could lie underneath- so caution should be used when clearing snow so as not to get stuck.

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #9  
Nothing but rain right now in central CT, 8:30 am 2/25. I've given up on any big snow storms this year, haven't seen below freezing daytime temps in 3 weeks, middle of february. Starting to believe Al Gore :)

It snowed pretty good the other day but nothing even stuck to the ground.

JB

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #10  
OK... I'm now ready for spring.

18" yesterday of about the heaviest snow you can get. A full day to get it cleaned out ...sorta.

Three shear pins replaced on the 3 pt. blower just due to the heavy snow .... the roof had to be shoveled off and several huge piles of snow created that should melt by April .... and this morning it is snowing again with 12" expected.

Imagine if all you had was a shovel.