Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #31  
Snowicane? I'll be glad when the drama queens run out of dumb names. It's snow..... A Noreaster. Happens occasionally, usually during the winter. Now, if we get one of these in July, THEN I'd be impressed.

Actually, it might as well be July, we've gotten no snow since 1/2 an inch yesterday morning. 3" rain since then. Ground is bare, I'll be putting in the peas next weekend.

Central Maine, BTW.

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #32  
Yes, we received 26" in two days up here by Galway N.Y. Sure glad that I had the B3200 Kubota to move the snow plow banks at the end of driveway. Weatherman said another 8" to 10" today and more tomorrow.
Devildog

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #33  
"snowcaine"... probably came from the "Fluzie" on the W/X channel... what's her name.

Oh yea "Abrams". Stephanie.

She was all in a tither about it this am, trying to discribe the "Snowcaine"... washing her hands arround and arround over the map....

If she had one more button un-done she might just have fallen out of that shirt.... I think that's about the only good part of her being on the air. Nice bra though.. white with a black fringe....

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #34  
I'd guess we got about 20inches by me. Tough to tell with the drifting. Went right to the snowblower. Too much for a back blade. At the back of the barn where my wife takes the horses out, the snow blows over the top then dumps right where the walk door is. Had drifts in front of the door about 6 feet high. Needed the loader to clear that out. Not starting a gear vs hst vs shuttle shift war but I would REALLY like a hst for these situations so I could take a full bite with the blower and match the speed to the load. Guess a creep gear might also work. As it stands, with no live PTO and only two reverse gears, I have to make the first pass holding the blower high, then make a second pass, then I can drop it all the way down and only take a third of a cut at a time. It works but a HST would be sweet!

(Wish I had known what I now now when I bought the tractor. My bad :(

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #35  
Its been an odd winter, for sure. Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Philadelphia have all had more snow than we have here in Prince Edward Island (we've had enough to ski and that's about it).
Of course, last summer there was a (light) frost in early July and another before the end of August, so I'm not saying we're in the Banana Belt of Canada.
My son complains that there haven't been enough "snow days" off from school.
You gotta go real slow blowing the wet, heavy stuff or it will choke your snowblower. My 6 ft 3PH blower has been fine, but the 8 HP walk-behind choked up and burned a belt.
BOB

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #36  
woke up to a foot of snow on the driveway this morning and was thinking fun seat time!!!!! Just finished clearing snow and its still snowing:thumbsup: here.

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #37  
Snowicane? I'll be glad when the drama queens run out of dumb names. It's snow..... A Noreaster. Happens occasionally, usually during the winter. Now, if we get one of these in July, THEN I'd be impressed.

Actually, it might as well be July, we've gotten no snow since 1/2 an inch yesterday morning. 3" rain since then. Ground is bare, I'll be putting in the peas next weekend.

Central Maine, BTW.

The rain-snow line is real fickle. Down in Turner where MBH works, not a bit of snow on the ground. We had about 3-4" of new slush this morning. Have over a foot on the ground again. Foggy now.
Dave.

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #38  
Missed another one here in eastern MA. 'Ground is basically bare and has been so for some time. 'Missed out on all those southern storms and now this one has left the Boston area empty too. 'Lots of wind damage in the far northern and western suburbs, however.

Boston closed out January almost 2 degrees above normal too. I'm not sure about the rest of the country, but while there may have been a lot of snow, I've heard it really hasn't been terribly cold, statistically speaking, popular perceptions aside.

Oh, yeah, I heard a bunch of cars and ATVs have been going through the ice on Lake Winnipesaukee in NH too....much more than usual for February.

'Might as well start spring as far as I'm concerned, because this winter's been pretty much a no-show in these parts.

/ Another Noreaster snow storm -- this time New England #39  
Well your Noreaster gave us another 30 + " of snow and still snowing some when I came in about an hour ago...
Now about 55-60" on the ground
Long,Long, Long winter
Hope March is better than Feb.
As I seen on bulletin of a church
Who ever is praying for snow ,,, Please STOP !!!!!!!!!