Another pallet fork thread!!! 3 point and fel

/ Another pallet fork thread!!! 3 point and fel #1  

csnow

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4310
Looking at options for pallet forks for my deere. I got to thinking the 3 point lifts more than the FEL so why not try and get a set of forks I could use for both. Is there anything out there that is deere quick attach but also has a 3 point hook up or do I need to get an adapter plate? thanks

/ Another pallet fork thread!!! 3 point and fel #2  
Those adapter plates sure aren't cheap! I haven't done mine yet, but I'm planning on just installing category 1 pins on my pallet fork carriage. Mine's SSQA not Deere, but i think you should still be able to do it. Just got to make sure they don't interfere with each other. If you don't have one already, this setup would be much better with a hydraulic top link.

/ Another pallet fork thread!!! 3 point and fel #3  
If I were to use the 3ph for pallets I would buy a used forklift mast, weld some pins on it and then have 1 cyl for the top link and one hyd a output for the lifting mechanism most use a hydraulic motor and chain setup.

For the front I would just get forks..

Having just forks on the back severely limits how high you can lift (but a larger weight). With a mast you'll be able to lift more and somewhat higher too.

/ Another pallet fork thread!!! 3 point and fel
If I were to use the 3ph for pallets I would buy a used forklift mast, weld some pins on it and then have 1 cyl for the top link and one hyd a output for the lifting mechanism most use a hydraulic motor and chain setup.

For the front I would just get forks..

Having just forks on the back severely limits how high you can lift (but a larger weight). With a mast you'll be able to lift more and somewhat higher too.

I thought about a forklift mast but have really no use for it being that high. I just thought with forks on the rear I could move heavier stuff even if I had to drive on to trailer to load it or unload it.

/ Another pallet fork thread!!! 3 point and fel
   / Another pallet fork thread!!! 3 point and fel #7  
We're is the cheapest place to get just forks?

/ Another pallet fork thread!!! 3 point and fel #8  
Look up a local forklift retailer. They should have some that are considered "unfit" for forklifts due to either a hole pierced in them for a ball hitch or rust wear (but a 10000lb cap fork is still good for 5000lb etc so nothing to worry about here).

Should be 50$ a piece ish

/ Another pallet fork thread!!! 3 point and fel #9  
We're is the cheapest place to get just forks?

Pallet forks are very easy to make, just make a set the way you want them...

Over the years, I've made several sets to fit my needs.

SR