Another PTO attachment frustration

/ Another PTO attachment frustration #21  
If a lawyer happens on this thread we are all in trouble.

No you are not. You modify or remove the safety equipment. It is not the manufacturers problem any more.

/ Another PTO attachment frustration #22  
No you are not. You modify or remove the safety equipment. It is not the manufacturers problem any more.

Thats ok because I don't hold any manufacturer responsible for customer ignorance.
If I cut my leg off with a chainsaw, it's because *I* did something stupid or at least wrong.
The manufacture can't fix stupid.

/ Another PTO attachment frustration #23  
The only problem with removing safety stuff is if you have hired help, then lawsuits can come after you...

That said, I don't have anything with intact guards, tractor doesn't have a PTO shield either but it's over 40 years old...

/ Another PTO attachment frustration #24  
The only problem with removing safety stuff is if you have hired help, then lawsuits can come after you...

That said, I don't have anything with intact guards, tractor doesn't have a PTO shield either but it's over 40 years old...

Yep, or if someone borrows a piece of equipment and you have removed any factory shielding.

/ Another PTO attachment frustration #25  
It would be high irresponsible to let anyone use or be near your safety-compromised equipment. That would be as foolish or even more so than you going near it when in operation.

/ Another PTO attachment frustration #26  
It would be high irresponsible to let anyone use or be near your safety-compromised equipment. That would be as foolish or even more so than you going near it when in operation.

Is that because the people you might loan to are too stupid to keep hands & feet out from under mower decks?

I wouldn't loan to those people.

/ Another PTO attachment frustration
I am definitely a danger to humanity. I bought a propane tank top heater from tractor supply. The tip over switch was so absurdly sensitive that merely walking across the floor near it would cause it to turn off.
I fixed it good - bypassed the tip over switch so now, you can knock it completely over, upside down and it keeps on burning propane.

/ Another PTO attachment frustration #28  
I just bought this,

standard.jpg

It has the PITA ring, if my old hog with the "button" will properly fit this drive line, I'm just going to slide it in and use it!!

SR

I just bought a new Land Pride cutter and it has (had) one of the collars you have to pull back to release. It wasn't too hard to unhook because both hands were pulling in the same direction. When you are hooking back up it required one hand to pull back on the collar and the other one to push in the opposite direction. I probably could have done it 50 years ago but old age and arthritis made it very difficult now. I bought a new yoke with the push pin release, messed up the universal joint getting it out and had to replace it too. Why they ever changed the things to the collar type release I an't figure out. I would think it is more expensive to make but what do I know? My wife says not very much.

/ Another PTO attachment frustration #29  
I hate them too!

I grew up in a time when there were NO shields on pto's, and I learned to stay AWAY from them when they are turning, back when I was young.

SO, I also don't have a problem removing what ever needs to be removed so I can grease them and get them on and off.

SR

I have always removed the pto safety shields as soon as I bought a new piece of equipment without ever giving it a second thought. However, after buying a new Land Pride cutter I was determined to leave all the guarding in place for safety's sake. My determination lasted about a month. Now the entire plastic apparatus is rolling around in the back of my truck. My tractor has a seat switch that kills it if the pto is engaged and I'm the only one to operate it so I'm not really worried about anybody getting hurt. We'll see.

/ Another PTO attachment frustration #30  
My tractor has a seat switch that kills it if the pto is engaged and I'm the only one to operate it so I'm not really worried about anybody getting hurt. We'll see.

Mine had one of those too, I disabled it pretty quickly after mowing bumpy food plots and it killing it when I came a little to high off the seat several times.