Another question on trucking

/ Another question on trucking #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
My MTL grapple has been sitting on a loading dock 170 miles away for a week now. They keep pushing the delivery time back, apparently waiting for a truck to come this way. The original delivery date was 6/11, then 6/12, 6/16, 17, 18... this AM it changed again to 6/19. I have no way of contacting them as MTL is the vendor. Yesterday (when the ETA was Thursday I sent MTL an email asking if there was a way for them to kick it in gear, also that I would be willing to go pick it up but would expect the same conpenstaion which the trucking co as going to get to bring it the last 130 miles to the drop-off point. I haven't received a reply yet but plan to call them tomorrow if I don't hear from them today.

I'm not sure what justification I have to get them to kick it in gear or even if this is SOP when dealing with trucking companies.

At the bottom of the tracking order are these comments;
Delivery ETA: 06/19/2020
Last Modified: 6/12/2020 11:46 AM

Holding on dock for cartage carrier at destination Sidney, ME as of 06/12/2020
Exception note made at time of delivery
Service Exempted

As far as I'm concerned my issue is with the trucking company, not MTL; yet I have no way of contacting them.

/ Another question on trucking #2  
If you are in a fairly rural area (I see you are in Maine) is is annoyingly common to wait for sufficient freight to be headed to a specific area before sending a truck. To make matters worse, a small regional or local carrier might be taking over the last leg. Your only option is to contact your seller and have them apply pressure or provide you with the primary carriers contact info and the *pro* number (tracking number) for the shipment.

/ Another question on trucking #3  
I have had my equipment shipped to the truck depot in the past, and picked it up there. Being in a rural area, delivery to my house was quite a bit more money, and my trip to Kansas City was only 50 miles.
The trucking company may allow you to come and get it, but you won't receive compensation.

/ Another question on trucking
You guys are telling me what I was expecting, rather than what I wanted to hear. It’s not coming to my house, it’s getting shipped to a business which is 5 miles off the interstate. If I save them 130 miles of trucking I will be compensated; especially since I doubt they are there nights and weekends so it would require me to take time off from work to accommodate their hours. In other words, I guess that it sucks to be me. :)... at least when it concerns getting my grapple delivered.

/ Another question on trucking #5  
I ordered a small commercial refrigerator from the east coast (around NYC). Best price in the country and free shipping. The unit shipped from north Jersey in 2 days from the order. Took a week to get to Chicago, where it sat waiting for a truck to St Louis. It sat there for 4 days before heading to Denver Co.
once it arrived in Denver, it sat there for over 2 weeks, waiting for the smaller local carrier.

Apparently the local trucking company only goes from Denver to Albuquerque once a week, It had just missed the run for that week. Then, the following weeks run was cancelled due to lack of payload. The week after that it finally left Denver and arrived in Albuquerque. Another local carrier was to deliver it. They did so the next day.

Trucking logistics has to be a nightmare.... I can see why they have to hold things in certain depots, but to delay deliveries so long should be explained up front. When I purchased the refer unit, it had an estimated arrival of 3 weeks. I could deal with that. I was getting anxious when it was over 6 weeks and it was still in transit.

What frustrates me is that I went right through that town last Saturday. Had I known in time to redesign my plans and arrange a connection, I could have picked it up then. I found out Friday night where it was and that delivery had been delayed again.

/ Another question on trucking #7  
Gives meaning to the phrase "Hurry up and wait".

/ Another question on trucking #8  
I think I would start proceedings with the person you paid to bring it to you. Explain that they either deliver it or refund your money because they can't have both. I would also explain that your need was two weeks ago and if it isn't here by next Tuesday, don't bother delivering it. Don't take any wishy-washy answers, set deadlines with extreme consequences and hold them to it. They are trying to make money off of you by not delivering it! If they didn't have the truck going that way, they shouldn't have booked the load!
David from jax

Well isn’t this a kick in the tail. While I’ve been relying on the website which states it’s still waiting to be delivered; my grapple was dropped off Monday and they’re waiting for me to come get it. So much for trusting tracking software.

/ Another question on trucking #10  
Well isn’t this a kick in the tail. While I’ve been relying on the website which states it’s still waiting to be delivered; my grapple was dropped off Monday and they’re waiting for me to come get it. So much for trusting tracking software.

So, the truck they're waiting on is yours? Get-r-done!