Another set of forks

/ Another set of forks #11  
Unfortunately, that is about 100 lbs more than what my tractor can pick up :) I was able to move it the 100 ft I needed to go, using the brakes to steer.

Yup, I worked for an old timer contractor, He used to call that "power steering" when you overloaded the old trucks that had no factory PS, the front end got real light making it extra easy to steer, less control though!
JB.

/ Another set of forks #12  
Interesting idea! Very well though out and i wouldnt have thought of using the old manual pallet jacks like that.

/ Another set of forks #13  
Jimmer -

That's a really great idea - thanks for sharing. I have been wanting a set of rear forks for some time but never thought of using a pallet jack. I still can't get over how simple the conversion looks. Now I simply have to get that stick welder.

- Jim

/ Another set of forks
Yup, I worked for an old timer contractor, He used to call that "power steering" when you overloaded the old trucks that had no factory PS, the front end got real light making it extra easy to steer, less control though!
JB.

There were times when the front wheels were in the air a foot or so :eek:

I belong to a club along the local river. Several of us have older mobile homes (14'x75') and are in the flood plain. Many years ago we welded an old fork-lift mast to the back of an old Chevy C50. There are many times when I'm pulling trailers that the front wheels don't necessarily have as much grip as they should. But - that old truck is the cats meow for moving those big trailers in and out in a hurry :D

/ Another set of forks
Jimmer -

That's a really great idea - thanks for sharing. I have been wanting a set of rear forks for some time but never thought of using a pallet jack. I still can't get over how simple the conversion looks. Now I simply have to get that stick welder.

- Jim

As much as I'd love to have a good mig, it's simply hard to beat a stick for versatility. I've had my old "Montgomery Wards" brand stick for quite a few years. I'm not sure how I'd work without it.

I bet that if you look around, you may find an old pallet jack that's not working, that someone would donate to your good cause ;)