Another tractor manufacturer out of business?

/ Another tractor manufacturer out of business? #2  
Yep. Solectrac is 100% owned by Ideanomics which is listed on NASDAQ.

They are not exactly thriving. The entire entity is only worth $12 million.

IMG_3025.JPG

/ Another tractor manufacturer out of business?
Oh well. Wonder how many 225 grand electric utility tractors JD has sold?

Not something I'd ever be slightly interested in... 'toaster tractor', 'toaster car', same deal.

Construction equipment being used inside buildings has a battery powered use case. I’m not convinced with outdoor uses, and any tractor uses.

/ Another tractor manufacturer out of business? #5  
To have a successful business you need to make products people want and can use.

Ideanomics, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDEX) is a global electric vehicle company that is focused on driving the adoption of electric commercial vehicles and associated sustainable energy consumption.

Thats nice and a noble goal but people don't by goals, they buy a tractor to achieve them.

/ Another tractor manufacturer out of business? #6  
Ideanomics, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDEX) is a global electric vehicle company that is focused on driving the adoption of electric commercial vehicles and associated sustainable energy consumption.

Interesting that their mission statement uses the word "driving".

". . . focused on DRIVING the adoption of" EVs and "associated sustainable energy consumption".

Their mission was to PUSH people to use something they wouldn't otherwise use. And to embrace the much more expensive energy costs on the back end. I would expect a truly free market to leave them in the dust.

/ Another tractor manufacturer out of business? #8  
Sort of like the electric vehicle business. Automakers were all gung ho on EV's and found out not that many people wanted them. The EV market is pretty saturated as it is and with BYD coming here with their much cheaper Chinese EV's, that should put the icing on the cake.

Said before, I'd by a hybrid but never a pure battery powered vehicle. Living up here in the north, a battery powered vehicle just don't work for me. Same with an electric tractor. That 'going green stuff' don't play with me and never will.

What I find arcane is, countries like China and India are building coal fired power plants and care less about emissions while we 'embrace' the green stuff and keep getting farther and farther behind.