Answer to global warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Answer to global warming #61  
People, I hope you understand how serious the topic of global warming is? Just reading this thread, I saw not many posts on how to solve this problem and why it appeared at all. I have been studying this issue for many years because I believe that it is very important for the future of our children in the first place.
Global Warming is the gradual increase of the overall temperature of the Earth's atmosphere that is starting to become dangerous that if we don’t move now, there’s no tomorrow to look forward to. Due to data being shown, we should start implementing rules and we should start uniting to prevent it from becoming more dangerous, we should start moving now before it is too late to save Earth and the future generation. There are still options and solutions to survive this adversity.
Do you think that there has never been floods and droughts before?

Are you old enough to remember when ALL the scientist claimed that we would freeze to death ..... late 70's?

The earth weather has been and will always be a fluid in motion. It will be warmer then colder and then wetter and dryer. There is NOTHING to be done by mankind.

And if you are such a believer in such you best give up all the modern conveniences that you enjoy. Your house, car, electric, and a thousand other things that let you live your comfortable life.

I can not believe the damage you are causing when you purchased a computer and continue to use it. Oil to make the plastic case, the mining that has been done to produce the metals for making the circuits, the chemicals used to make the batteries, etc.

YOU ARE A POLLUTER. PLEASE REPORT TO A RECYCLING CENTER ASAP SO YOUR BODY MAY BE PROCESSED SO OTHERS CAN LIVE.

/ Answer to global warming #62  
And if you are such a believer in such you best give up all the modern conveniences that you enjoy. Your house, car, electric, and a thousand other things that let you live your comfortable life.

I can not believe the damage you are causing when you purchased a computer and continue to use it. Oil to make the plastic case, the mining that has been done to produce the metals for making the circuits, the chemicals used to make the batteries, etc.

YOU ARE A POLLUTER. PLEASE REPORT TO A RECYCLING CENTER ASAP SO YOUR BODY MAY BE PROCESSED SO OTHERS CAN LIVE.
Really?
I don't know what Ms. Marcus' agenda is (or if she even has one), but there's no excuse for open hostility/ridicule. It's pretty obvious that the climate IS changing, how much of it is some sort of natural cycle and how much is man made (and it's certainly some of each) is up for debate. I don't have a solution, not even sure there is one other than to let it run its course.
I'd venture a guess that even if everyone gave up cars, technology, eating meat, etc. it would amount to a PH in the snow. Unfortunately, there are too many of us. Any volunteers to leave?
I don't even blame most of the politicians for some of the dubious "solutions" being put forth...they're under a lot of pressure to "do something about it", even if it's ineffective.

Curiously, what do you propose we do?

/ Answer to global warming #63  
Average temperatures across the Earth in degrees Kelvin, showing how temperatures at different latitudes can vary drastically. NASA has reported that the average temperature of the earth is 15°C. However, extreme temperatures are still possible on Earth.

Right now, the warming influence is literally a matter of life and death. It keeps the average surface temperature of the planet at 288 degrees kelvin (15 degrees Celsius or 59 degrees Fahrenheit).

Do you have some more questions? I am looking forward to answering!

Sorry hon...pasting text directly from 3rd party sources is tacky at best and possibly criminal...and you don't even include citations...people will think you are taking credit for the knowledge (that is highly questionable anyway)...

Also you gave yourself away in your first post when you mentioned the temp of the atmosphere...you obviously know very little about the subject of climate science...

A word of advice...try not to be so naive and gullible when it comes to unproven theories of politicized scientific studies...

FWIW...copy the quoted paragraphs and paste them into a google search box...you will find links to the cited text verbatim...i.e., copyrighted material no less...!

Last edited:
   / Answer to global warming #66  
I've been crying over the death of a relative related to global warming. In the 1980's, my homeless second cousin Delbert-Bob froze to death in the midwest during winter.

Global warming had not advanced enough by the 1980's to save him. I have survivor's guilt-- I wonder if I had bought my SUV sooner I might have saved him! :LOL:

/ Answer to global warming #67  
the fact that the planet's population has increased 7 fold in the last 100 years.
ZPG 30 Years of Zero Population Growth (ZPG) - Now Population Connection made sense. But was not political/religious correct.
Consequently, for a long time I thought the world was going to emulate the film
But, unfortunately it looks more like we will experience sous vide.
My land in Vermont is now warming enough to approach what my land in Virginia WAS decades ago.
And my land in Mississippi has stayed about the same over the same decade, but it's still HOT..

/ Answer to global warming #68  
Really?
I don't know what Ms. Marcus' agenda is (or if she even has one), but there's no excuse for open hostility/ridicule. It's pretty obvious that the climate IS changing, how much of it is some sort of natural cycle and how much is man made (and it's certainly some of each) is up for debate. I don't have a solution, not even sure there is one other than to let it run its course.
I'd venture a guess that even if everyone gave up cars, technology, eating meat, etc. it would amount to a PH in the snow. Unfortunately, there are too many of us. Any volunteers to leave?
I don't even blame most of the politicians for some of the dubious "solutions" being put forth...they're under a lot of pressure to "do something about it", even if it's ineffective.

Curiously, what do you propose we do?
So look at your own statement. "if everyone gave up cars, technology, eating meat, etc. it would amount to a PH in the snow." Yet the belly aching about climate change has cost this country thousands and thousands of jobs.

Use Pittsburg for an example. All the related industries that went into making iron/steel are gone. Why, yes, the air is cleaner in Pittsburg but it is now dirtier in China. And where has all the money gone? Where are the thousands of good paying American jobs gone to? The mining, the railroads, the mills are all gone in the US but the pollution was somewhat controlled. The US government placed a lot of restrictions on the various industries to clean up. Which they did. Now the jobs and related industries are in India and China with way less control on the pollution then before all of the exporting of the industries. Steel production did not stop it was moved somewhere else.

I am sorry but solar farms and wind mills are not going to fix the problem. Thousands of acres of good farm land and environmentally important undeveloped land is now covered with solar panels in the state of Florida. Talk about global warming, watch the heat rise off of a solar farm.

Electric cars are not pollution free as the climate people claim. Plastics, copper wire, and the tons of lithium do not just appear out of the thin air. The dirty environment is just a lot farther away. So an electric car that is so expensive that many people can afford it is the answer? Thank goodness my tax money was used to subsidize the electric cars.

Thank goodness we have the Ms. Marcus' in the world screaming, "The sky is falling."

We will all be dead according to AOC in only 10 more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.