Anti-Freeze Issue or ?

/ Anti-Freeze Issue or ?
I assume you are talking about the blower for the heater. .... Hope this helps.

Ooops - sorry I wasn't clear. I am talking about the lower rad-hose heater (similar to a block heater only in-line on the rad hose) that plugs into a 120 circuit.

I have 120 at the plug-in end of the wiring at the heater but the element is not warming up.

Is there a way to make sure the plug is not faulty and then to check the element in the heater to make sure it works?

Thanks

/ Anti-Freeze Issue or ? #13  
Hi Bob

You can use an Digital or analog meter and check it out should give you the reading of a large resister or a short, it should not show up as an open circuit; power cord can be tested using a paper clip to short one end and it should not show as open circuit but a short, both should when checked with meter.

One problem with chinese removable power cords is the ammount material used in the female side of the cords, it is cut back to minimun and ofted does not reach the male pins unless just so, if applicable if you can shave off some material from female plug end, so that when its pluged in the the resest parts can now reach a little farther and make good contact. Shoukd resolve heater issue if just a poorly made plug, I run in to this all the time with computer power supplies made in china:mad:.

Good luck Bob:thumbsup:

Larry

/ Anti-Freeze Issue or ? #14  
Hopefully you folks are correct. I have used it twice this weekend and everything appears to be back to normal (with the exception of the lower rad hose heater still not working). Have had some correspondence with my dealer over the weekend and he will discuss this situation with his mechanics this morning. Will know more this afternoon and will be happy to report back here - especially if time and usage are the key to getting thing stabilized again.

Thanks for all the comments.
Bob
Hi Bob,
Did you know that the hose heater is directional? The element inside the tube should be facing towards the engine. This will cause the water to circulate in that direction as it is heated. It does no good the warm up the radiator and if the water circulates toward the radiator it will be cold by the time it gets to the engine.
Check and make sure the heater is facing the right direction and that the thermostat is at the correct angle. Your dealer should be familiar with this if he checked the directions when it was installed.
I had to find out the hard way as well.
Dave G.
KiotiDave