Anti-Gel Additive Non-Sceintific Tests

/ Anti-Gel Additive Non-Sceintific Tests #11  
Hey thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye out for this stuff locally, and if i cant find it I'll order it online. PS is available here and it seems to perform better then the howes. (Although I have never had an issue with the howes, bit the lack of lubrication makes me rethink it.)

As far as the cost its not really a huge issue. I normally burn about 20 to 30 gallons of fuel over the winter so a bottle of diesel treat will Last a long time.
I'm in Ontario and it can get quite cold here too. I've been using AMSOIL Diesel All-in-One for a few years now and real happy with the performance of my Kioti CK30 in the winter, especially the noticeably better cold weather startups. A recent test shows it outperforms many brands including Howes. If you can't find it locally you can order it on-line and it comes right to your door in a couple of days. Works for me. Dutchy AMSOIL Diesel All-In-One or the Injector Clean and Cetane boost during the warmer seasons AMSOIL Diesel Injector Clean + Cetane Boost

/ Anti-Gel Additive Non-Sceintific Tests #12  
The amount of fuel used is a very important consideration.

/ Anti-Gel Additive Non-Sceintific Tests #13  
I'm wondering whether Pennzoil produces some diesel from natural gas. They make lube oil.

Diesel from natural gas would have NO wax in it if produced via the same catalyst that they make the lube oil from.

Ralph

/ Anti-Gel Additive Non-Sceintific Tests #14  
Your talking synthetic diesel?
Made via the Fischer-Tropsch process?
If so paraffin is one of the by products.
It is expensive to produce, it is a clean fuel in a diesel,
to my knowledge from several years ago mining was the largest consumer.
The demand has not supported the cost in this country.

/ Anti-Gel Additive Non-Sceintific Tests #15  
I watched this a couple days ago. I've been using howes diesel treatment for the past 2 years with good results in the winter but thus made me question whether or not I should be using something different. I live in NB canada and the winters can get pretty cold here so an anti gel is a must as I found out the first winter.

Same here. I've been a happy Howe's user for 2 years. It's great for anti-gel and anti-condensation, but didn't rank well in lubricity. I may try the Standadyne next.

/ Anti-Gel Additive Non-Sceintific Tests #16  
Unscientific studies are better than scientific ones.

Hearsay evidence is better than actual evidence.

It is a new age.

/ Anti-Gel Additive Non-Sceintific Tests #17  
Your talking synthetic diesel?
Made via the Fischer-Tropsch process?
If so paraffin is one of the by products.
It is expensive to produce, it is a clean fuel in a diesel,
to my knowledge from several years ago mining was the largest consumer.
The demand has not supported the cost in this country.

Exxon was considering it for large NG fields in remote locations, like Indonesia, to possibly come out ahead vs. shipping NG by refrigerated ship. Far as I know, it never happened. Pennzoil seems to be using it now to make a synthetic oil.

Ralph

/ Anti-Gel Additive Non-Sceintific Tests #18  
The thing is. You may or not even need to add anything for antigell. Possibly the fuel supplied is just fine. But to add something, having spent money on it and then find out that it is ruining your pump is just crazy.

/ Anti-Gel Additive Non-Sceintific Tests #19  
I spent $79 today for enough PS White Bottle to treat 2,000 gallons of diesel.

/ Anti-Gel Additive Non-Sceintific Tests #20  
I spent $79 today for enough PS White Bottle to treat 2,000 gallons of diesel.

That's .0395 per gallon. Just blew your .02 budget by 100%. ;)

In the big picture, it really ain't much, is it? :laughing: