Antifreeze with sca's or not?

/ Antifreeze with sca's or not? #11  
Pepsiboy. The Cummins engines that were factory filled have liner protection built into the coolant. Even so, the additives have to replenished after time. Cummins sells such. See here : Fleetcool

I just looked at a bottle of automotive extended life coolant. No where does it say diesel liner protection.

I do not believe all "RED antifreeze " will properly protect wet liner diesel engines. I think you're making an unsupported assumption that SCA's are no longer required. Can you provide a link that supports your point?

A dollar or two saved today may mean many $$$ with a perforated liner later.

I use the Fleet coolant from ORilley's...
It is precharged with SCA's and is pink/red in color...
Back when I added SCA's to my antifreeze the fluid was red/pink in color...
I will continue to use the Fleet brand with SCA's in the coolant...
Very convenient for me...
I was not aware of other pink coolants used in cars without SCA's...

/ Antifreeze with sca's or not?
I'm going to get fleet charge. I'm also assuming that since my tractor has ethylene glycol in it that I won't have to be so careful about flushing all the old out?
Anybody got an opinion on this?

/ Antifreeze with sca's or not? #13  
Anybody got an opinion on this?

I would flush it good. They tell you that mixing it greatly reduces the life of the sca in coolant. Im around big trucks and equipment all the time. All of them recommend testing the coolant on a regular basis.

/ Antifreeze with sca's or not? #14  
I would flush it good. They tell you that mixing it greatly reduces the life of the sca in coolant. Im around big trucks and equipment all the time. All of them recommend testing the coolant on a regular basis.

Give her a good flush...
That is what I did with my tractor...
Better SCA life with out mixing the coolants...

/ Antifreeze with sca's or not? #15  
Wow. can't even winterize your equipment whiteout a tutorial. What is the old green stuff called that I used for 100 years or so.
My 4110 is early 2000. I found the green antifreeze, but had to look hard to find full strength. I hope it is ok to use.

Cheers.....Coffeeman

/ Antifreeze with sca's or not? #16  
Last service cycle, I used Chevron Delo ELC in my diesels. It's not all that pricey, and has great performance specs. My local International dealer stocks it. No additional SCA is needed.

Diesel Coolant, Delo Prediluted & Extended Life Antifreeze - Delo - (Canada)

It's been touched on here, but is worth repeating.... Antifreeze/coolant colour doesn't mean a whole lot.... One companies red stuff does not always Equal another companies red stuff......

Unless you plan of getting rid of a piece of equipment within 2 years, IMO it's not worth buying the old green stuff anymore.

Rgds, D.

/ Antifreeze with sca's or not? #17  
Put water in it and when it freezes and cracks your block, go buy a new tractor..... Problem solved.