Antique Part Identification

/ Antique Part Identification #1  

breedtractor

Tractor
JD 4300
Found this buried in creek gravel while I was working on a ditch on an old wagon road in KY. Any thoughts on what it might be?

Attachments

• PXL_20220318_155351534.jpg
    PXL_20220318_155351534.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 88
   / Antique Part Identification #2  
Just a guess, maybe a return trip spring for some type of cultivator?

/ Antique Part Identification #4  
Found this buried in creek gravel while I was working on a ditch on an old wagon road in KY. Any thoughts on what it might be?

Neat spring. No idea what it might be. I wonder about some of the old carriage suspension springs.
Whatever it is, the two springs push the same way around the center part. They are in parallel rather than in opposition. Since the other way of doing that is to put two separate simple springs side by side, that argues that either space was important or this clever solution was also decorative. Maybe both.
rScotty

/ Antique Part Identification
   / Antique Part Identification #8  
I found the same thing using the search option on my phone in my photos. I made a screenshot & it searched away. I didn't think it look very old myself.