Antonio Carraro - Lump of Coal This Year?

/ Antonio Carraro - Lump of Coal This Year? #1  

Haoleguy

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 5325; Landini Mistral 50
This is one tractor company I have been following for a few years. The poor customer support thread below is I believe a consequence of their thin distribution and support network in most parts of the US and the detachment of US importer/distributor from the parent company. Their versatile tractors provide farmers & landowners with very nice solutions to many tasks. Eventhough I'm tempted to own one for vineyard use I can't risk down time from poor support. I think it really makes sense for them to form a collaborative distribution and service network with either JD, Kubota, or New Holland. Only then do I think they can broadly attract customers and keep them satisfied. AC's new Mach 4 is quite the machine that incorporates past features with track treads. Nice video here on the Mach 4 .... Videos Posted by Antonio Carraro Tractors: New Great video of the Mach 4 working | Facebook . Hopefully AC gets serious in the US.

/ Antonio Carraro - Lump of Coal This Year? #2  
Can't say I agree with you.

We've had our SRX 8400 for 3 years now with excellent dealer support and reliability. We use it exclusively on our 13 acre all vinifera Vineyard. This machine is a powerful billy goat, totally surefooted even without tracks. I can't imagine how the tracked machine must be!

Regularly spray our steep hillside of Sauvignon Blanc carrying heavy CIMA sprayer. The only scary thing is getting passed the "Conventional" tractor phobias. After a few hours on this machine the Phobias are a distant memory!

/ Antonio Carraro - Lump of Coal This Year?
Hi Akman - Good to hear that your experience is solid thus far. My guess is that you are located somewhere close to Autrusa and thus have good dealer coverage for your area. I actually have a dealer(Northeastern Equipment Unlimited) 15 miles from me as the crow flies but most of the distance is over Long Island Sound. During the winter I will make the trek over there by ferry and pay a visit and see if they will share some client contacts that are on my side of the sound. Depending on ferry rules for equipment transport it might be convenient or a world away....I will find out. What did you consider for tractors and why did you end up with the SRX 8400? Thanks.

/ Antonio Carraro - Lump of Coal This Year? #4  
You might want to look at Goldoni. I own several Goldoni's and have been happy with them. OESCO has been good to deal with for parts and John Deere no longer has exclusive rights to them. The Lombardini diesel's are reliable and they are a nice, typical Italian tractor. All Italian vineyard types are similar to each other, Carraro, Goldoni, Ferrari, Pasquali, Valpadana, etc. The Carraro's are beautiful, but I know a couple of people that have had issues with them. My observation is that Carraro tends to be a bit on the edge of the design envelope, which can be both good and bad. I also have an older Pasquali. They are all built like little tanks. I like Italian tractors, would recommend them.

You might want to look at Goldoni. I own several Goldoni's and have been happy with them. OESCO has been good to deal with for parts and John Deere no longer has exclusive rights to them. The Lombardini diesel's are reliable and they are a nice, typical Italian tractor. All Italian vineyard types are similar to each other, Carraro, Goldoni, Ferrari, Pasquali, Valpadana, etc. The Carraro's are beautiful, but I know a couple of people that have had issues with them. My observation is that Carraro tends to be a bit on the edge of the design envelope, which can be both good and bad. I also have an older Pasquali. They are all built like little tanks. I like Italian tractors, would recommend them.

svcguy - Thank you for the suggestions and in particular the mention of OESCO. They are within a couple hours drive from where I'm at. Did you buy your Goldoni's new or used and with or without cab?.....Thank you, Gary

/ Antonio Carraro - Lump of Coal This Year? #6  
Hi, All of my units have been purchased used and none have cabs. They are the vineyard type that swivel in the center like small skidders. I have not seen these with cabs, but that doesn't mean they aren't available. The John Deere 20A is made by Goldoni and could be looked at as an example of their work. They make a nice, reliable tractor.

Yesterday I saw the Antonio Carraro Mach 4 in person at a local dealership. It's a very impressive 100hp narrow tractor that can creep or fly at 25mph. For the vineyard or orchard this machine has all kinds of versatility and power. The reversible cab design gives you the ability to see what you're doing with 3pt attachments without stretching your neck. The track design means low ground pressure and you can power all 4 corners for maximum traction. I was drooling until the price tag made me choke on my saliva. Its ~ 30-50% more than a conventional tractor.

Yesterday I saw the Antonio Carraro Mach 4 in person at a local dealership. It's a very impressive 100hp narrow tractor that can creep or fly at 25mph. For the vineyard or orchard this machine has all kinds of versatility and power. The reversible cab design gives you the ability to see what you're doing with 3pt attachments without stretching your neck. The track design means low ground pressure and you can power all 4 corners for maximum traction. I was drooling until the price tag made me choke on my saliva. Its ~ 30-50% more than a conventional tractor.

Quick followup pic. Also wanted to note that this tractor came in with factory Top-n-Tilt option and front and rear 3pt hitch......Gary

Attachments

• Mach 4.jpg
    Mach 4.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 6,750
   / Antonio Carraro - Lump of Coal This Year? #9  
Having been an owner of a 5500 Comtrac Tigrone since 1999 I tell you service is dependent upon who you know in the dealer network. I have never had an issue with getting support or parts since buying this unit new. The AC line has changed a lot since I bought and I would certainly be thrilled to update to the newer units but heck that is a lot of money. Especially when you consider the exchange rate between USD and EU! I love the design, the practical application that AC brings to the world of tractors.

/ Antonio Carraro - Lump of Coal This Year? #10  
Can't say I agree with you.

We've had our SRX 8400 for 3 years now with excellent dealer support and reliability. We use it exclusively on our 13 acre all vinifera Vineyard. This machine is a powerful billy goat, totally surefooted even without tracks. I can't imagine how the tracked machine must be!

Regularly spray our steep hillside of Sauvignon Blanc carrying heavy CIMA sprayer. The only scary thing is getting passed the "Conventional" tractor phobias. After a few hours on this machine the Phobias are a distant memory!

+2

I have also had very good dealings with Autrusa. The US importer in CA seems to be loaded with parts and they can get what they don't have pretty fast.