Antonio Carraro--what's your take?

/ Antonio Carraro--what's your take? #1  

Sog

I'm looking into these tractors and would love to hear an update from RAW or anybody else who's got one. Hows it been holding up to abuse? Likes/dislikes and such. I've read about RangerDave predicament (hope everything works out!) but I'm wondering if everyone is having problems or if it's more of an isolated occurrence. I need to do some hillside logging/maintenance and they look like a good option...if they can handle the work.

There's some rear loaders that look intriguing. 2000lb. capacity. I have some pics but don't have the pic-posting-know-how.

/ Antonio Carraro--what's your take? #2  
To be honest, I haven't run mine much since I bought it.
My wife and I are STILL dealing with our nightmare house-building fiasco up in NC.

I've only got about 20 hours of use on my TRG.
All of that has been running the Seppi mulching head.

The tractor hasn't given me any problems in that time.

Biggest problem early on was puncturing tires! But they're foam-filled now and I'll be taking it back to NC to work it.

Sorry I don't have any better info for you.

/ Antonio Carraro--what's your take?
Thanks for getting back to me and I hope your house project takes a turn for the better.

What model seppi are you using? I've seen the utube video and am highly impressed.

Are you using the Perelli Ag tires or a different set-up? I am also going to be doing alot of work in the woods and am worried about punctures.

/ Antonio Carraro--what's your take? #4  
I like my Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH now that I've gotten the hydraulic system squared away. For example, was out bush hogging today and appreciated the way the wheels independently go over bumps. This tractor is designed to stay on the ground be it a hillside for a sudden big bump out in the field. The tractor also has a micro-meter style twist knob control feature for the 3 point hitch that I like. You can set your implement to a given height and lock-down the hydraulic so the cylinders can't go up or down. The Yanmar motor is a sweetheart, too, but that's true for many other brands using the same 3 cylinder diesel.

Bill in NC

/ Antonio Carraro--what's your take? #5  
I use a Seppi, fixed-tooth mulcher.

I've been running the tractor up on the property more.
It's been doing wonderfully.
I've got the stock pirelli tires on it, foam-filled (so they're now essentially solid).

As Bill in NC said, I love that there's independent oscillation of front and rear axle. Really a great machine for running in steep, wooded terrain.

In a perfect world, I'd also have a hefty ROP around the cab. But there just aren't many places to mount to except for where the cab mounts.

Here are some pictures from some of the work I've done.

Can't wait to get up there and run it some more.
I need a chipper now too. :D

/ Antonio Carraro--what's your take? #6  
Foam filled tires? please tell me more. I have my tires loaded with the usuall stuff they put in them, foam filled decrease the amount of squat in tire? Some times with a real heavy load on the forks my front tires seem like they will roll right off the rim in a turn. Does filling with foam prevent this squat?

/ Antonio Carraro--what's your take? #7  
Yep, with the heavy mulching head on the 3pt, the tires flex very little.
The filling company can adjust the type of foam and the amount of foam to give you the flex and weight that you want.

/ Antonio Carraro--what's your take? #8  
I'm looking into these tractors and would love to hear an update from RAW or anybody else who's got one. Hows it been holding up to abuse? Likes/dislikes and such. I've read about RangerDave predicament (hope everything works out!) but I'm wondering if everyone is having problems or if it's more of an isolated occurrence. I need to do some hillside logging/maintenance and they look like a good option...if they can handle the work.

There's some rear loaders that look intriguing. 2000lb. capacity. I have some pics but don't have the pic-posting-know-how.

Any brand is only as good as the service given when severe issues need resolution.
Please check all the info on rangerdaves Carraro TRX transmission casings snapping with others withe same problem.
http://www.tractorforum.com/showthre...0&pagenumber=2
and
Help I broke my tractor in half!!! - Page 2 - Net Tractor Talk
and
http://www.mytractorforum.com/

/ Antonio Carraro--what's your take? #9  
I noticed earlier in this thread that RAW said he would like a hefty ROP around the cabin. If you look at this link Used Equipment, Chippers, Track Vehicles, Skytrim, Jarraff, and Kershaw at KW Truck Equipment, LLC you can see a TRH 9400 equipped with a very substantial ROPS (it looks like an open station tractor). In fact, it's almost overkill to my eyes.

TRH9400_mulcher_1.jpg

TRH9400_mulcher_2.jpg

Here's another image I came across, this time a TTR 9400:

TTR9400_mulcher_2.JPG

Last edited:
   / Antonio Carraro--what's your take? #10  
That is what these reds are good for. Forest mulchers. NEVER put FEL on them. Read all the sites about transmission casings snapping.