Any advice before I purchase a Ventrac?

/ Any advice before I purchase a Ventrac? #1  

prestond

Tractor
Ventrac 4500Z, Scag Tigercat
In reference to my previous thread, it seems that Toro has the dealer situation sorted out in Kansas City (https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/ventrac/422792-beginning-end.html).

I know everyone's uses and needs are different, but any advice before I purchase? Any thoughts like, "I wish I would have known ...." or "I wish I would have bought ..."

The attachments that I am considering at this time are: 72 inch finish mower, power bucket and grapple, core tine aerator, and dual wheels.

Thanks!

/ Any advice before I purchase a Ventrac?
Two questions come to mind (I'm leaning toward the 4500Z:

1. Suspension Seat - Is it worth it?

2 Core Time Aerator - Should I buy additional weights or can I move the included rear tractor weights to the aerator when I am using it? to

3. 72 Inch Finish Deck - Do I really need the Hydraulic Flip kit to tilt it?

Last edited:
   / Any advice before I purchase a Ventrac? #3  
I would try flipping a deck, mine is 60 and I had way to try to make it easier, but now I push a lever and it tilts back. No doubt in my mind the way to go the other thing is check the weight of the decks ...... jim

/ Any advice before I purchase a Ventrac? #4  
Two questions come to mind (I'm leaning toward the 4500Z:

1. Suspension Seat - Is it worth it?

2 Core Time Aerator - Should I buy additional weights or can I move the included rear tractor weights to the aerator when I am using it? to

3. 72 Inch Finish Deck - Do I really need the Hydraulic Flip kit to tilt it?

The identical suspension seat can be had from multiple internet sources for about 60% of what Ventrac charges for one. Plus you'll have the original seat to store and move around until you finally give or throw it away.:)

/ Any advice before I purchase a Ventrac? #5  
1. I got the suspension seat and replaced it with a air ride seat. So take the plain seat and replace yourself.
2.Buy 4 extra weights as taking them off and putting them on to take them off again for me was not worth it.
3. Go and flip the 72" and tell us how easy that was. I bought the hydraulic flipper!

Welcome to the world of Ventrac!

Thanks for the replies and advice. I placed my order at the end of last week. With the country shutdown, my dealer wasn't sure how long it would take to get the tractor and attachments from Ventrac. The waiting game continues.

Regarding the 72 inch deck, I demoed one without the hydraulic flip and it wasn't too terrible to flip up manually.

/ Any advice before I purchase a Ventrac? #7  
Thanks for the replies and advice. I placed my order at the end of last week. With the country shutdown, my dealer wasn't sure how long it would take to get the tractor and attachments from Ventrac. The waiting game continues.

Regarding the 72 inch deck, I demoed one without the hydraulic flip and it wasn't too terrible to flip up manually.

Neither was my 60" now I'm 76 ..... go for the HYD. lift ...... jim

/ Any advice before I purchase a Ventrac? #8  
The 4500Z used to and may still come with the suspension seat as standard equipment. It is nothing to write home about. Hydraulic lift for sure on that big deck. I get a lot of use out of the foot treddle. Get the added hydraulic fittings.

Enjoy!

prs

Has anyone purchased a new Ventrac lately? I'm wondering what the time frame looks like these days. It's been 5 weeks since my order and still no news on when it might arrive.

/ Any advice before I purchase a Ventrac? #10  
Around here just go down to the dealer and buy it off the floor and he has most attachments.... jim