Any comments on LG

/ Any comments on LG #1  

Maka

Veteran Member
Tractor
None at the moment
Hi All,

I am looking at a nice looking new LG. Does anyone have any experience with these. It is a 4940 with cab, shuttle, hydro steering, aircon, stereo, Mitsu engine, 4 remotes and seems to be very high quality.

Are there any comments on this? Anyone own one?

Thanks

/ Any comments on LG #2  
Sounds like an Agracat. According to an article in the April 26th NW Arkansas business Journal, Agracat has filed bankruptcy. It seems JB Hunt has pulled it's support, so you might want to find out who will be backing that tractor. Other than that minor detail, its a fine machine, also sold as Farmtrac by Long Agribusiness (although not in Cab versions...at least for now).
But hey, if the price is right,(and it just might be), it may be worth the risk!

/ Any comments on LG #4  
I don't know about the tractor company, but LG is an electronics and appliance manufacturer from Korea. It is possible the tractors are from the same company. The appliances are not well known in America, but are very expensive and high end.

/ Any comments on LG #5  
Woodbeef
Yes Agracat is (or was) importing both Chinese (I think Jima) and a larger LG tractor/s.

Bob_Skurka
In addition to tractors LG makes many of the cell phones here in the USA.
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Any comments on LG #6  
LGs tractor have been sold as Goldstar in the past especially in their home market. The parent company is LG wire & cable in S. Korea, a big conglomerate.
Long, aka FARMTRAC, has sold the LG in the past as LANDTRAC but have recently added them to the FARMTRAC brand.
TAFE also imports a couple of models from LG.

The LG is not a low-end tractor by any means. We looked at the line (Agracat) but decided to go with LONG/FARMTRAC and get our cab tractors from KIOTI mainly because I didn't know how the brand name would be accepted with it also appearing on a Chinese JInma. On top of that Agracat didn't offer a price advantage over the more established brands at least when we looked at it.

In hind sight I guess it was a good decision.

/ Any comments on LG #7  
I have a LG and generally really like it.

I have a 3600 with loader, 90" mower, and 72" snowblower.

The one thing I do not like though is that the loader is not as heavy duty as the big 3.

Good Luck

Yooper Dave

/ Any comments on LG #8  
hey Chipperman,

Ok I guess I missed the LG days of Agracat. I have pics from a friend in New Zealand of Valtra badged LGs with cabs. Nice looking tractors. I guess they are what LG is calling their NEO series,not sure though as I can not get that page to fully load on the LG site.

/ Any comments on LG #10  
To my knowledge the loaders are not produced by LG, each brand supplies thier own loader. FArmtracs use Long loaders, I don't recall who Agracat was using, possibly Koyker. Tafe has a different loader. 3600 sounds like a TAFE model number.