Any comments on the "DeltaHook"?

/ Any comments on the "DeltaHook"? #11  
Re: Any comments on the \"DeltaHook\"?

GlueGuy
With a landpride QH there a two addon's you can get. 1 is two flat iron's that you use for a finish and bush hog mowers. you remove the top hook on the QH and use the straps to the top link for mowers, it works good for me.
The second option is instead of bolts that hold the top hook they use pins, much faster than pulling bolts.
I hope you can under stand what I'm trying to say, much easyer for me to show you.
DDT

/ Any comments on the "DeltaHook"? #12  

GlueGuy

Have you received any further info (ie prices, comments from those who have used both) on Freedom Hitch or Delta Hook? Have you heard anything about Jiffy Hitch? Struggling to attach my rear dirt scoop and rear blade has convinced me I have got to get something like this.

Lyle

/ Any comments on the "DeltaHook"?

Nothing more than what you see here. All I know is that there are (at least) four variationso on this theme: DeltaHook, Freedom Hitch, Landpride Quick Hitch, and now the Jiffy Hitch.

After looking at them all, I kind of like the Landpride setup the best. Doesn't require parts attached to all your implements. The only issue is that of the attachments I have so far, there is quite a difference in the spacing of the lower pins. The Quick Hitch is only one spacing, and I'm not sure how you would deal with this...

The GlueGuy

/ Any comments on the "DeltaHook"? #14  

Your observation points to the key problem with that design. It would not be a problem if all Cat I implements were built to the standard. However, as you have seen in your implements, the width between pins varies greatly and the height from the pins to the top of the mast varies greatly. In addition, to use this type of quick-hitch, you need to be able to lower the hitch completely below the implement and then raise it straight up for the hooks to engage the implement pins. On some implements, there is a gusset or other structural part directly under the top pin which would be in the way of the top hook on the quick hitch as it is raised. For these reasons, the other types of quick-hitches have evolved. All 3 are based on the concept of a triangular member on the tractor hitch that connects to another triangular member (adjustable) that is attached to the implement. The adjustment is provided to accomodate the variations in implement geometry. To be practical each implement needs its own attachment section. This is why the cost is so much more for these 3 types of hitches. It was necessary to accomodate the differences in implement hitch geometry that resulted from implement manufacturers not following the Cat I standard (SAE).

/ Any comments on the "DeltaHook"? #16  

Just got a response from BUBCO. $999 /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif for Cat 1 (includes tractor attachment with hydraulic top link and 1 receiver unit for attachment to implement). Too pricey for my simple needs but looks like great stuff. Suddenly Freedom hitch looks like much more affordable. Anyone have any prices on Delta Hook?

/ Any comments on the "DeltaHook"? #17  
Re: Any comments on the "DeltaHook"?

Also check this company, SpeeCo out under $200. and more flexible for non-standard top links:
{The top hook is removable for placement of their adapter}

SpeeCo Quick Hitch and Adapter

18-48044-JFM3BW5205SigFile.JPG

I already have a hydraulic top link. Do they price it w/o that? I'd probably just need the two triangle parts.

The GlueGuy

The Speeco unit looks virtually identical to the Landpride version. Big issue is dealing with non-standard pin widths as pointed out a couple messages back. Looks sturdy though.

The GlueGuy

/ Any comments on the "DeltaHook"? #20  

I tried to include copy of pdf file but it is just over 200K and I'm computer challenged and can't figure out how to to cut out segments of the file without producing a jumbled mess.

They list a cat 1 "LYP1" package with tractor attachment, implement attachment and hydraulic top link for $1000 but later in the document suggest they would sell a hydraulic top link separately for $300. Unclear if that means LYP1-Hydraulic top link=$700. If still in your price range you may want to contact them as the price list they provide does suggest the implement attachment has multiple possible adjustments.