Any final words of advice?

/ Any final words of advice? #1  

itainme

Tractor
TC 33D
I've looked, listened, and spec'd. enough, I guess.

I have settled on the NH TC33D w/ SS, hydro, R-4's, 7308 FEL w/ 60" bucket, and a 60"MMM. $20,800.
Dealer is giving $6,000 trade for my JD2510. I'm throwing in a 3 botttom Kverland plow and 8' disc, as I couldn't use these w/ the NH anyway. I'll get a 60" tiller later to replace them. I don't cultivate much more than an acre anymore.
Any last advice? Any really cool options I should consider adding? Is my price OK?

Why not orange? I've heard issues about the MMM with R-4's and with the FEL. The 3130 is a little large for mowing, especially compared to Supersteer on the 33D. Availibilty of the L series in my area. Dealers can't tell me when I could expect delivery. No more 0% /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Plus a higher price.

Why not green? I've got a good local dealer, but his price on a 4410 is about $2,500 more. He's also offering $2,500 less trade. $5,000 is a lot for loyalty. There's no cruise control in reverse (rear snowblower), tractor wouldn't start for the test drive /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif, won't mow like a supersteer, those access panels are a nightmare. The dealer had a hard time getting them on and off for inspection. I wouldn't stand a chance!

I really have enjoyed reading the posts here, and they have been very helpful. Any more help before I make a $20K mistake is appreciated.

/ Any final words of advice? #2  
Sounds like a great deal to me. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. The only thing I might consider since you plan on using a rear snowblower is adding a rear remote. It's cheaper to add one now than have one installed later, ask me how I know /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Any final words of advice? #3  
<font color="blue">"Any last advice?" </font>
<font color="blue"> "Any more help before I make a $20K mistake is appreciated. " </font>

I can't see where you're making a mistake. It sounds like you're wanting us to convince you of doing the right thing.
I say, "GO FOR IT!"
You have to drive it and play (I mean work) with it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
CONGRATULATIONS on Blue! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Any final words of advice? #4  
<font color="blue"> Any last advice? Any really cool options I should consider adding? </font>

I second the idea of getting extra remotes upfront. I wish I had them on my tractor. I would love to have a T&T setup...

Last advice? Enjoy! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Any final words of advice? #5  
Get all the remotes you can afford and negotiate for top-and-tilt with your dealer. I sincerely wish I'd done that from the beginning on my tractor and rolled all those costs into the initial purchase. Like horsepower, nobody ever complains about having too many remotes. Sounds like a great deal and I'm sure you will love your tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Any final words of advice?
top and tilt???

/ Any final words of advice? #7  
Read through this thread Top-N-Tilt for good information about what top and tilt is. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Any final words of advice? #9  
Thats one sweet outfit. Sounds like you did your homework and chose the one that you feel is right. You'll not be dissappointed I'm sure /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

/ Any final words of advice? #10  
Itainme,

I have considered and priced a very similar setup. The price looks very competitive.

Can we assume you test drove all three tractors? If not, you need to do this before you make a purchase.

If you could afford to wait, I would tell you to wait for the newer TC33DA with 14LA FEL. Of course, the dealers don't have a firm date and the 0% financing will probably be gone by then.

I think the TC33D can handle 2 remotes and they should cost you around $200-$300 each.

Do you have many obstacles to mow around or do you have open field? If open field, the extra $1000 for SS may be better spent on something else.

Are you getting the 60" side-discharge or rear-discharge? I would definitely go for the 72" MMM (rear-discharge) since there is only a $100 difference between the 60" SD MMM and the 72" RD MMM.

Are you getting the tires loaded or will you be using a ballast box? I would use a ballast box rather than loaded tires since you will be using this as a finish mowing machine. A ballast box will allow you to easily strip the extra weight from the tractor while mowing and add the extra weight when using the FEL.

Here is a list of options that you could consider on just about any tractor purchase:

* Canopy
* Top and Tilt
* Draft Control
* Rear Remotes
* Power Beyond
* Block Heater
* Chain Hooks
* Rear Work Lights
* Forward Work Lights on ROPS
* Shop Manuals
* Full set of extra filters (air, fuel, etc.)
* Bolt-On Cutting Edge for Bucket
* Bolt-On Toothbar for Bucket
* Ballast/Weight Box
* Tilt Meter
* Quick Attach Bucket (skid steer type)
* Arm Rests for Seat
* Extended Warranty

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've heard issues about the MMM with R-4's and with the FEL. The 3130 is a little large for mowing )</font>

I have heard the same issues and tend to agree with your conclusion. I'm beginning to think that while the L3130 is an exceptional tractor, it may not be the best choice for a finish mowing machine. I have talked to very few owners that have MMM units on these machines. Also, the dealers I have talked to said they rarely install MMM units on these machines.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Why not green? I've got a good local dealer, but his price on a 4410 is about $2,500 more. )</font>

The 4310 (32HP) is probably a more accurate comparison to the TC33D (33HP) rather than the 4410 (35HP). The 4410 tends to be priced around $1500-$2000 higher than the 4310. Also, are you including the $600 JD discount on the 4310/4410 and the $400 JD attachment discount (for 2 attachments: FEL & MMM)?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( those access panels are a nightmare )</font>

This comment is confusing. Took me (an amateur) about a few seconds to get those access panels off on the lot. The part about the dealer having a hard time is even more confusing.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( There's no cruise control in reverse (rear snowblower) )</font>

I have wondered about this myself. Would I use CC in reverse for a rear snowblower? I'm not sure if you would want to use CC in reverse with a snowblower. Anyone out there have any experiences with this?

If I bought today and was set on a MMM, I might be leaning towards the 4310 with 430 FEL and 72" SD MMM. This would probably change once the TC33DA with 14LA FEL hits the market.