Any Ford 1910 owners

/ Any Ford 1910 owners #1  

UncleBuck1

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 MF 2660HD; 1964 JD 4020 (may she rest in peace)
I'm considering purchasing a smaller tractor for running a finishing mower and found a '90 Ford 1910 with turf tires that I'm planning to look at (have not done so yet!) The clock has 789.5 hours on it - I assume that's not accurate on a 30 year old tractor.

Does anyone here own or have any experience with the 1910? Any advice on what to look for when checking one out before buying? And what is your experience with the tractor- are they well built? And are repair parts easily available? Any pre-purchase advice anyone can share would be appreciated!

/ Any Ford 1910 owners #2  
I did an advanced search under the TBN 'Members' tab (see above) and found 202 members that list a Ford 1910 in their equipment field. You could PM some of them. I have owned a '98 Ford/New Holland 1920 with 820 hours on it for about 8 years and have been very happy with it. Can't say any specifics on the 1910, though.

/ Any Ford 1910 owners #3  
I've owned a Ford 1900 and 2110 and they were beautiful and capable tractors. The 1910 and 2110 were small but powerful , very well built and I'd still be buying them if Ford still made tractors and imported those models from Japan. Some parts are getting hard to find and engine parts come to mind. They made a lot of them so I suspect there are boatloads if them in boneyards. The wheel pattern is typical Japanese and wheels can be a little hard to find. I thin Deere is the same pattern on their Yanmars but not sure.

If you buy it, I think I have a 1910 parts and/or owners manual in mint condition for sale cheap.

/ Any Ford 1910 owners #4  
Does it have a loader? If it does check the mounting bolts for breaks in the housing it attaches to, also check the bolts that go into the engine that attaches to the front frame.
Does it have power steering? Power steering on these models are not the easiest but better than manual steering.
Does it have synchro gears (shift lever on steering column), this are more convenient than the two sticks on trans.
If it has four wheel drive, there is a coupler on the drive shaft that tends to wear out if 4wd was used hard. This coupler is easily replaced.
The hour meter could be accurate, some of the tractors didn't see a lot of use. Ask the owner if is working. Look around the engine, if it is clean the hours are correct, you can usually tell if it was power washed also.
These are good tractors especially for a finish mower if you have an open area. Most of the normal maintenance and wear items are still readily available. Just be aware that with a tractor of that age it will develop some leaks because of the rubber gaskets aging. If you can post some pictures.

/ Any Ford 1910 owners
These are the pictures from the ad. As I mentioned, I haven't had a chance to look at the tractor yet.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    441.1 KB · Views: 198
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    460.6 KB · Views: 109
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 103
   / Any Ford 1910 owners #6  
With the replacement seat and repaint, you are probably correct on the hours on that machine. A two wheel drive without a loader usually lives an easier life.
I would recommend running the tractor for about 15 minutes, test all the gears, check brakes, three point, PTO etc. After running it for some time, see if there is any signs of engine blow by. Also it is normal to have to use the glow plugs to start the engine even on a warm day.