Any good remedies for hay fever?

/ Any good remedies for hay fever?
Read this today. It seems 200 years ago nobody had hayfever, but it seems it really isn't well understood even today BBC News - John Bostock: The man who 'discovered' hay fever

Thankfully, my symptoms seem to be dying down for this year. Dust masks and post-mow shower seem to be the most effective addition to antihistamines.

/ Any good remedies for hay fever? #23  
Ah now, Bluest, that is your fatal mistake. Showers. The world existed until extremely recently without these. Why do you shower? How often? Have you thought about the environmental cost of providing all that potable water, and do you really become sufficiently dirty that you need to wash all those protective oils from your skin every day and leave yourself open to all sorts of problems, e.g. hayfever? 200 years ago nobody had hay fever for the simple reason that they had been brought up in an atmosphere where they had an inbuilt immunity to such things. Modern living, automatic drug taking and molly-codling seem to be the reason for so much lack of immunity.

There is an old saying "eat a peck of dirt before you die" I doubt that many folk know how much a peck is, although many US folks are familiar with a bushel and 4 bushels = 1 peck. That is a lot of dirt to eat, and I am fairly sure I am still well short of it, but today, just wandering about, I picked/pulled a fig, a couple of radishes, a strawberry, a few pods of peas, and a small leaf of comfrey. I am sure that none of them were "clean" and there was the odd bit of grit attached to the radishes. I never eat between meals of course.

I sell a few things through my website that allegedly will help your hayfever, but nettles are free, and I still recommend that you give it a try (stop the antihistamine drugs obviously) and eat honey - any UK honey if you cannot find anything local, but not something from another country. I am not knocking the honey of other countries. Anybody, anywhere, suffering from hayfever is best advised to eat honey from as close to home as possible.

/ Any good remedies for hay fever? #24  
It's four pecks to one bushel not the other way around. But I agree with your point.

/ Any good remedies for hay fever? #26  
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Nasacort. Its not a new drug in the US but its over the counter now. It has provided excellent results for me. Probably the best thing I've ever used. Its doesn't do a lot for the itchy eyes but helps the plugged up nose and those symptoms almost 100%.