Any here ever used one of these? Do they work?

/ Any here ever used one of these? Do they work? #11  
Like the idea.

/ Any here ever used one of these? Do they work? #12  
Might work, but I agree, hard on the jack.

For the BP, I have gotten it down. Just get close enough to gauge what is needed, hop back in truck make that final adjustment/correction, thats it.

But I like my GN, I can see the ball from the seat

/ Any here ever used one of these? Do they work? #13  
In the past, the only backup camera I've had was on the motorhome we had in the early '90s, but now even our 2014 Ford Escape has one.

/ Any here ever used one of these? Do they work? #14  
What new trucks come with $50 backup cameras? ;)

None, but Amazon, Walmart, Auto Zone, Target, Ebay, ect all have them for that or less and they work very well.

Chris

/ Any here ever used one of these? Do they work? #15  
I guess I don't get it? 99% of the time I can back up to my bumper hitch aligned the first time. I simply use my mirrors and center the trailer behind me. :confused3:

/ Any here ever used one of these? Do they work? #16  
I guess I don't get it? 99% of the time I can back up to my bumper hitch aligned the first time. I simply use my mirrors and center the trailer behind me. :confused3:

Some people just can't do it. I swear I was in my hotel room on the 6th floor last night and watched a Oriental Man attempt for 5 minutes try to back a small car into a spot with nothing on either side of him. At one point he was 60 deg off. I could have put on my shoes, rode the elevator down, and parked it for him in less time.

This was just a small car like a Accord. Image him with a trailer.

Chris

/ Any here ever used one of these? Do they work? #17  
Some people just can't do it. I swear I was in my hotel room on the 6th floor last night and watched a Oriental Man attempt for 5 minutes try to back a small car into a spot with nothing on either side of him. At one point he was 60 deg off. I could have put on my shoes, rode the elevator down, and parked it for him in less time.

Chris

Well Chris, most of the people that know me laugh, but I can back any trailer anywhere and keep it square to a dock. For the life of me I can't back my PU square. I am better than 60 degrees but one side of my bumper is touching and the other is 2 inches off. I think it comes from having to put equipment away as a kid on my Dad's farm. I learned to back trailers (age 12) long before I learned to drive forward (age 14).

/ Any here ever used one of these? Do they work? #18  

Which is how I still hook the Equinox up to the little trailer (6x10) but the backup camera on the truck does make it much nicer for all the other ones

/ Any here ever used one of these? Do they work? #19  

Chris

Forget the trailer; imagine him on the road. :eek: FWIW, the PC term is Asian man. Oriental left with Disco.:confused3:

/ Any here ever used one of these? Do they work? #20  

I don't either. Have a friend that is backup challenged. I put a piece of masking tape in the center of his tailgate to help him find the center. Still somewhat challenged.