Any ideas on where to find discontinued parts?

/ Any ideas on where to find discontinued parts? #1  

HCJtractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Massey Ferguson 240
I need a few parts for an old John Deere LF fertilizer spreader that I am restoring. The local dealer has checked on his network with no luck. Any other ideas for a source of new (unlikely) or used parts? Surely there are some old dusty parts laying around somewhere. Anyone have or know of a Deere spreader that they would be willing to sell???

/ Any ideas on where to find discontinued parts? #2  
I need a few parts for an old John Deere LF fertilizer spreader that I am restoring. The local dealer has checked on his network with no luck. Any other ideas for a source of new (unlikely) or used parts? Surely there are some old dusty parts laying around somewhere. Anyone have or know of a Deere spreader that they would be willing to sell???

Try E-bay. For a spreader, I don't know how much luck you'll have. I know that there are a lot of parts on e-bay for old tractors and all kinds of collectible equipment.

Another option is to try Antique Tractors - Yesterday's Tractors : Antique Tractor Headquarters or some of the other sites that cater more to older machinery.

/ Any ideas on where to find discontinued parts? #3  
Do a search on the spreader model in the site. I saw 1 guy had some parts for equipment but was in new member section. Also there may be some thread containing tractor salvage yard names which is another possibility

/ Any ideas on where to find discontinued parts? #4  
might try wengers of pa.. huge salvage yard..

soundguy