Any Large Kubota Owners with R14 Tires Yet?

/ Any Large Kubota Owners with R14 Tires Yet? #1  

dbchaplin03

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060, Wright StanderX 61”
Good evening all. I am just about to pull the trigger ordering a new ROPS M7060 to replace an older Case Skid Steer and 35hp smaller tractor. Thought i was 100% sold on Radial R1s with the cast Iron rear wheels but these new R14s have really caught my eye. Id have to add an extra set of rear weights i think but overall the difference in the two tires (based off their building tool on the site) is $1742 cheaper for the R14s.

Im doing a lot of stuff in the woods currently and still some small landscaping projects so it will occasionally cross the yard but not regularly or anything like that. Eventually will be doing hay and other misc farm chores I had loaded R-1s on my 35 hp tractor and they did great in the mud when clearing land, FAR better than the R-4s on my skid steer which were helpless in the mud... But those R-1s were rough on everything they drove across.

From what i read the Radials on the M7060 are so wide that they really dont do as much damage as my pizza cutter R1s on my old tractor but even still i think those R14s would work well for everything. I just dont want to be the first guy to order them to find out if they actually work and/or have a long life expectancy like they claim. Im active duty military so this tractor is for our hobby farm.. Im not making money with stuff haha... does anyone? :)

Last edited:
   / Any Large Kubota Owners with R14 Tires Yet? #2  
Had a 40 some hp Case about mid 90's with think Goodyear R 1 radials. Two wheel drive. Left very little mark on our lawn. The thread was not the typical R 1 bias design, rather sort of a mix of a R 1 and almost a turf tire as about half the bars we not full length bars and not sure but think little closer than bias R 1. We great in pulling in raw dirt.

I talked with a Kubota salesman on about same tractor (M6800) and asked on the radials and he said they did not offer them. Too much price difference for only a better ride and some better traction. At that time some were saying R 1 radials could replace dual bias belts for farming traction. In process of buying a L model and not aware they are offered on it but no idea on larger tractors. Some things change right often it seems but there was a few different R 1 lug patterns in radials, you may need to check further. If using a loader, not sure would want Radials on the front axle just verify on that.

Went back to verify you did not mention the brand of your 35 hp, some grey market tractors had really tall very aggressive lug R 1, did yours? If so would expect them to really damage a lawn.

/ Any Large Kubota Owners with R14 Tires Yet? #3  
Good evening all. I am just about to pull the trigger ordering a new ROPS M7060 to replace an older Case Skid Steer and 35hp smaller tractor. Thought i was 100% sold on Radial R1s with the cast Iron rear wheels but these new R14s have really caught my eye. Id have to add an extra set of rear weights i think but overall the difference in the two tires (based off their building tool on the site) is $1742 cheaper for the R14s.

Im doing a lot of stuff in the woods currently and still some small landscaping projects so it will occasionally cross the yard but not regularly or anything like that. Eventually will be doing hay and other misc farm chores I had loaded R-1s on my 35 hp tractor and they did great in the mud when clearing land, FAR better than the R-4s on my skid steer which were helpless in the mud... But those R-1s were rough on everything they drove across.

From what i read the Radials on the M7060 are so wide that they really dont do as much damage as my pizza cutter R1s on my old tractor but even still i think those R14s would work well for everything. I just dont want to be the first guy to order them to find out if they actually work and/or have a long life expectancy like they claim. Im active duty military so this tractor is for our hobby farm.. Im not making money with stuff haha... does anyone? :)

I think it's a bit too early for opinions from owners as R14T tires in such sizes have just become available.

I did see a new M4 with R14T tires at the Louisville show in February.

SDT

/ Any Large Kubota Owners with R14 Tires Yet? #4  
These tires are made for those that need to be gentle on the land and give you a better ride on hard surfaces, what they are not designed for is for good traction. They'd not do in the field and I don't think they'd do well in the woods if traction is a requirement. Just sayin' :)

Last edited:
   / Any Large Kubota Owners with R14 Tires Yet?
I’ve talked to 2 different dealers today and neither have sold a set on a bigger tractor yet. The one dealer has sold several on B-class tractors and said all their owners have loved them over R-4s. I won’t do R-4s on this machine. I had them on my 2nd to last 35 hp tractor and i was constantly spinning them with any kind of ground engagement and they were useless in mud with my skid steer. That’s why i went to R-1s on my last one. Those have great traction but were pretty rough on the yard.

I’m not going to be doing a whole lot of “field” work with this machine. Some landscaping, box blading some, and lots of brush and small tree clearing with a tree and post puller (which is the whole point of buying this class machine, to replace my skid steer i used to do it with) and grapple bucket. Skid Steer got to the point where i was having to work on it fairly regularly and I don’t make any money off this stuff i just do it for fun so owning a skid steer was becoming a big gamble on something in the hydraulics going out and costing me a fortune.

I’ll see if i get anymore inputs before deciding. Wanting to order very soon. Dealer said the R-14’s are $1800 cheaper than the Radial R-1s with case wheels. Tempting....

/ Any Large Kubota Owners with R14 Tires Yet? #6  
I think messicks did a video on the different traction with different tires. controlled scientific tests with a strain gauge. it was on grass but i think the hybrid tire pulled the strongest better than turfs and r4's but this was on a B sized compact tractor so the test may not scale up to the bigger tractors.

try them out and let us know how they work :laughing:

/ Any Large Kubota Owners with R14 Tires Yet? #7  
Not yet

Attachments

• 21F59EFE-1CB2-4036-A25E-CB81276B42A9.jpeg
    21F59EFE-1CB2-4036-A25E-CB81276B42A9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 242
Hay Dude, those are radials on that photo right? How are they working out for you doing hay and not tearing up the ground?

/ Any Large Kubota Owners with R14 Tires Yet? #9  
Hay Dude, those are radials on that photo right? How are they working out for you doing hay and not tearing up the ground?

Radials? Yep
Tearing up ground, yeah, but the old tires were shot. New ones have deep tread. Just gotta take the turns easy!

How have they been for puncture resistance? Reason i ask is we cleared more than 100 honey and black locust trees and they did a number on my skid steer tires. My poor back right tire got removed and taken to the shop at least 6 or 7 times. I realize that they are a lot harder on tires because of the way they engage compared to tractors but it makes me nervous with 40-50 more still needed to take out with the excavator and haul away to the burn pile that Ill end up with a bunch of plugs or patches on new, expensive tires.