Any m6111 owners?

/ Any m6111 owners? #1  

Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
I’m in tractor buying mode. Really like the m6 but it’s crazy expensive. I may be up to getting rid of my svl75 on it. The svl‘s main use is grading and dirt work for my mx track. Nothing crazy but it is dirt work. The specs on the m6 loader looks good but how stout is it? 20 years ago i used my massey 4345 loader for it. I bent the loader rods a lot and would have to straighten them out, still have one in the barn that was bent so bad i couldnt bend it back. The culprit for bending rods is the back drag, its when the rods are extended and most pressure put on them. Is it crazy to think the m6 loader is capable of dirt work? Especially with a smaller skid steer bucket which greatly reduces stress.
just curious.

/ Any m6111 owners? #2  
I’m in tractor buying mode. Really like the m6 but it’s crazy expensive. I may be up to getting rid of my svl75 on it. The svl‘s main use is grading and dirt work for my mx track. Nothing crazy but it is dirt work. The specs on the m6 loader looks good but how stout is it? 20 years ago i used my massey 4345 loader for it. I bent the loader rods a lot and would have to straighten them out, still have one in the barn that was bent so bad i couldnt bend it back. The culprit for bending rods is the back drag, its when the rods are extended and most pressure put on them. Is it crazy to think the m6 loader is capable of dirt work? Especially with a smaller skid steer bucket which greatly reduces stress.
just curious.

It’s not. Farm tractors in general are not constructed to dig virgin dirt, they are constructed to lift lose or heavy objects from the ground up and to lift things and stack them.
I owned 2 slightly larger versions of the M6-111 tractors, Kubota M-126X and an M-135X. Decent tractors, but even with their LA2253 loaders, they could scrape some dirt and lift it, but dig undisturbed dirt? Not very well. Can you do it? Yeah, but it would be slow and more vulnerable to damage.

/ Any m6111 owners?
Exactly what I thought. Thanks.

on edit.. it is a very heavy built looking loader compared to my m62 and old case 580. But longer and i guess the veer age is against it.

Last edited: