Any one have their own saw mill ?

/ Any one have their own saw mill ? #51  
I haven't gotten into fine woodworking (yet) but that's where you can save/make some real money with a small sawmill. The prices of good furniture grade woods are astronomical at the stores.

Amen to that ! 1x12 S4S clear red oak at Lowes or Home Depot.....$6/bdft !! Even clear poplar runs 3 bucks/ft.

What kind of chipper do you have Verticaltrx to chip slabs/etc ?? I could sell a whole lot of bedding if I could get one at a reasonable price.

/ Any one have their own saw mill ? #52  
We use a Echo Bearcat 9540H chipper on a Deere 2550 65hp tractor. It's hydraulic feed and will handle material up to 9". It was something we've been using for a few years before getting the sawmill, but it makes good use of the pine slab wood. The wide slabs I lay on the ground and bust in half with an axe to get them to feed in the 9" opening.

/ Any one have their own saw mill ? #53  
   / Any one have their own saw mill ? #54  
I agree owning a portable sawmill is more a hobby than a business. You need to do it for the pure enjoyment because the work involved to process the wood is very time consuming and laborious. That being said I would not trade my Woodmizer LT 40 for anything! Sometimes you just need to say " what the heck" .

/ Any one have their own saw mill ? #55  
You are 100% correct with everything you state! I have a LT40 non hydraulic with the debarker attachment and it does everything that I need. I personally do not mind the gasoline engine and the noise as mine is out in the back of my 20 acres.
Ultraglide62