Any opinions on the Nissan Versa?

/ Any opinions on the Nissan Versa? #11  
Honda Fit or Nissan Versa. Both are great cars! Find out what his main use will be.

For moving people the Versa. It has lots of room for the people, In the back as well as the front and comfortable seats for the people in the rear.

For moving stuff the Fit hands down. My girlfriend and I bought one and moved across Canada in it. After getting here we stuffed a queen sized futon in the back as well as a full size front load washer and was able to close the back with the washer. On the Fit the rear seats fold down flat with the trunk very handy. The versa however had a few inches rise.

All packed ready to go. I figure we had 400lbs of stuff in the car/carrier plus 350lbs for my girlfriend and I. The car rode great, passing not so much :laughing: However our MPG was still well in the 30's. $400 of gas at an ave of $1 a letter and around 6000km driven loaded.

4972850866_a70238def0_b.jpg

/ Any opinions on the Nissan Versa? #12  
I'll also have to be one to recommend taking a look at the new Ford Fiesta. Your not going to find a car for a lower price with as many standard features, the amount of safety, or the mileage estimates that it has. It was the 2009 best selling car in Europe. I believe Ford rates the little 4-cyl engine at around 125 hp, which gives it a good mpg figure of about 40 mpg w/ the automatic on the highway, while still having a decent amount of "pep" that we Americans all know and love. The British TV show "Top Gear" did a pretty neat review on them last year, and they definitely put it through it's paces. Take a look, Part 1 and Part 2.

/ Any opinions on the Nissan Versa?
I have the 1.8 SL model (when I can get if from the wife). It's nice and roomy... sporty to drive. :thumbsup: Cash for clunker, rebate and internet deal... >$10k. Not sure if I would pay $16k.

Thanks, I was talking the Versa HB w/ auto w/ list about $15.3K. I missed the cash for clunkers, everything except my Ford 7.3L converted MaxiVan was WAY to fuel efficient, both on the books and in reality.

And as far as used - the other graduate of SWMBO and I got a new car. It's was on the the contract I got when I decided to be a dad. You know the contract - feed them, house them, clothe them, teach em' right, pay for college. Doesn't every dad get that contract?

And Dmace
Just to add another option, a good friend of mine just picked up a new economy car for their college kid and they chose the Honda Fit. It was down to that or the Versa and he said the Honda was larger inside, more comfortable and higher quality inside and out. I think his final price was about $800 more for the Honda over the Nissan. Also, if the Ford Focus is too much then look at the cheaper, smaller Ford Fiesta which starts at $15,120 msrp in hatchback.

Yup, Honda Fit is a great car, that's what the first grad got. Of course this present student doesn't want what his sister got. Another big difference is that there are virtually no "deals" on it .

I REALLY like the Fit, I drove it on a short trip for a week (about 1,000 miles) and did not drive gently. Got a true 40MPG, but today I got prices from Consumer Reports on the Versa HB for about $11.7K and the Fit for about $15.7K. $4K would buy me a flail or a sawmill. And he doesn't like the Fit.

I've been looking at Consumer Reports pricing and they are iindicating about 13.5 K before T&T.

And as far as the Ford Fiesta goes - it seems much smaller.

Last edited:
   / Any opinions on the Nissan Versa? #14  
It's was on the the contract I got when I decided to be a dad. You know the contract - feed them, house them, clothe them, teach em' right, pay for college. Doesn't every dad get that contract?

Hmmm....I'm gonna have to have a talk with Dad then...'cause I've paid my own cash for every vehicle I ever bought and I've never been to college...

/ Any opinions on the Nissan Versa? #15  
I might add that the main reason for our purchase of a Suzuki was by far the dealer!
I did like the fact that the car was a selectable AWD.
I can't beleive how far Suzuki has taken their cars!
BMW has only 1 up on these, and that's the price!

The car mags are in love with that car. You may have a good one if it holds up, but then it has a great warranty.

/ Any opinions on the Nissan Versa? #16  
I saw one of these yesterday and it is the among best looking small cars I have seen. The price is right and the warranty is a nice plus. I am a Nissan guy but I might consider a handsome compact for a subcompact price(maybe less) with a better warranty. Hyundai owns Kia, so they should be well supported.http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Kia_Forte/

Last edited:
   / Any opinions on the Nissan Versa? #18  
We bought a first year 2007. No real issues with it. We did have to replace a couple of strut mount bearings early on. I think they have resolved that issue now. MPG isn't what we were wanting but 30-32 isn't all that bad. CVC transmission and the last I paid attention the fluid is a dealer item at $25 per QUART! Yes, I said $25! I know this because of a little "issue" with the wife and county roads...anyway, I like the roominess and response it has as well as handling. Lots of room in the rear seating as well.

Attachments

• Car at Black Mesa (2).jpg
    Car at Black Mesa (2).jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 80
  • New Mexico Highway.jpg
    New Mexico Highway.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 71
   / Any opinions on the Nissan Versa? #19  
CVC transmission and the last I paid attention the fluid is a dealer item at $25 per QUART! Yes, I said $25! I know this because of a little "issue" with the wife and county roads...anyway, I like the roominess and response it has as well as handling. Lots of room in the rear seating as well.

What fluid is it? My 2008 Nissan Titan takes Matic J but they are now on Matic S. I have been told the Matic S=synthetic.

Anyway I just changed the fluid out 2 weeks ago at 30,000 miles. I used Mobil 1. It covers Nissan Matic J, which is what my truck came with.

Chris

/ Any opinions on the Nissan Versa? #20  
A work associate of mine has a Versa and seems to be satisfied with it. The car is 2 or 3 years old, automatic, and no issues that I've heard about.

Another option to consider is the Toyota Yaris. I have a 2007 Yaris, 2 door, hatchback, 5 speed, with air and am/fm/cd as the only options. The car has 51000 miles and has had no issues so far. I consistently get 40 mpg in the summer and 37 in the winter in normal, everyday driving. Paid around $12,500 for it. They make a 4 door hatchback now and I'd probably get that if I was buying one now.

I am normally a "Honda guy" but the Fit only comes "loaded", i.e., electric windows and such, and I didn't want all that extra stuff. That being said, I believe that the Fit is a better car than the Yaris, both quality-wise and in driveability.

Best of luck with your decision.

Attachments

• 117_1778.JPG
    117_1778.JPG
    925.9 KB · Views: 73