Any POSITIVE Experiences (2007 GR2100)?

/ Any POSITIVE Experiences (2007 GR2100)? #1  

ORANGEFEVER

Tractor
Kubota GR2100
Good afternoon, all!!

I got a pretty good deal on a low hour '07 GR2100. I paid for it last week at a local dealer who had just taken it in on trade. I have all of the maintenance records, etc.... and the machine has been fully serviced for this mowing season. I'm feeling pretty good about my purchase, until I start reading about how the transmission is weak, the HST is determined to leak, fail and/or otherwise cost me a ton of money.

I had a '04 ZD25 that I absolutely loved. I didn't experience any failure of any kind....all I did was scheduled maintenance and mow grass. I moved to a much smaller piece of property, and have since sold the ZD...... but when I was back in the market for a lawn/garden tractor, I naturally wanted another Kubota.

I have a little more than a flat acre of ground to maintain. The BX was WAY overkill, and the only JD equipment that interested me was the X700 series..... the JD was almost 10K, and the BX is a better deal when we're talking about that kind of loot.

All I have read about the GR are complete horror stories. I don't take delivery until tomorrow....... should I panic? Has anyone out there racked up a ton of hours with just routine maintenance? Was the 2007 model year the issue?? Did the transmission problems exist prior to 2007...the GR has been around a long time.... what changed in '07?

Sorry for being so windy... I just wanted to give enough information so I can hopefully get some valuable feedback...

Thanks for your time,

Dave

/ Any POSITIVE Experiences (2007 GR2100)? #2  
Have a kubota dealer check the serial # and see if it has the new hydro upgrade.Also you could contact the previous owner about that issue.The warranty was 4 years on the hydro,probably original owner only.

/ Any POSITIVE Experiences (2007 GR2100)? #3  
To give some perspective on the GR'00' trans problems, we see issues on about 1 in 5. Its not as chronic as you might think from reading online. In Kubota land where quality and the avoidance of these things is kept in very high reguard this issue recieved a lot of attention.

unfortunatly there is not much you can do to prevent being one of the problem tractors, and if you have issues its a not an inexpensive fix.

/ Any POSITIVE Experiences (2007 GR2100)? #4  
Just out of interest , how many years of Contractor mowing
could you have paid for , for the Gr's price/running costs ?

/ Any POSITIVE Experiences (2007 GR2100)? #5  
Sorry , I wasn't clear . Rather than buy an expensive mower for
only 5000yards of lawn , pay someone to cut it .
My break-even is 4 years.