any toro groundsmaster fans on here?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #1,011  
you should be able to run power to the starter solinoid and the motor should crank, if similar to the one I have the fuel shutoff is normally open so it will run, when you turn the key off the fuel shutorr engages for a short duration to shut motor down at which time it releases.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #1,012  
I had a similar issue on my 220D.
I don't know if you know or not, but the glow plugs also come on with the key in the start position.

There should be no problem using a momentary switch to engage the starter solenoid

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #1,013  
A new trigger wire and momentary switch did the trick. I really wanted to tie it into the key switch but I couldn’t make that happen. It took 5-6 cranking sessions of about 10 seconds each. I saw smoke at the first try so I was confident I wouldn’t have to bleed the fuel system. It starts easily now. Thanks for the suggestions.

I do have a cracked weld here. Has anyone else had that spot break? It rattles bad that’s on my to do list asap. It looks to have been welded/repaired there before. I’ve had bad welds before maybe that’s all it is.

image.jpg

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #1,014  
yes just grind it out and reweld easy job cover the motor best you can from any spatter

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #1,015  
Some progress.
I ran the trigger wire. Welded the spot. It would start consistently. I was confident about the wiring now. I cleaned and painted the plate under the control panel and replaced the fuse block. This area was nasty from being a mice cocoon. After that my fuel pump was mia, no 12v at the plug.

So this is my question. I had a few no starts, or start and die immediately. I do now have the fuel pump working but it still starts and dies fast. Do I need to bleed air from the fuel system? Should I be treating this like it ran out of fuel?

thanks again for the help

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #1,016  
The fuse block was nasty even after cleaning it. Wires corroded and falling out.
IMG_1509.jpeg
IMG_1512.jpeg

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #1,017  
my machine has a fuel shutoff solinoid that is normally open, when you start machine fuel will flow when you shut down the solinoid is activated for a short time to kill the motor, after that delay it releases,

a bad starter switch can cause the fuel solinoid to activate when the keyswitch is released fron start to run, check if the solinoid is closing when it dies

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #1,018  
Some progress.
I ran the trigger wire. Welded the spot. It would start consistently. I was confident about the wiring now. I cleaned and painted the plate under the control panel and replaced the fuse block. This area was nasty from being a mice cocoon. After that my fuel pump was mia, no 12v at the plug.

So this is my question. I had a few no starts, or start and die immediately. I do now have the fuel pump working but it still starts and dies fast. Do I need to bleed air from the fuel system? Should I be treating this like it ran out of fuel?

thanks again for the help
All diesel engines should have the air bled out of the fuel systems.
Air is hard on injection pumps and injectors

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #1,019  
My toro running problem was a bad pto switch or circuit. It checked good with my meter. But didn’t always allow the fuel pump to run. It also only allowed the toro to idle, I couldn’t move the unit or operate it. A jumper confirmed it was that circuit.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #1,020  
Well I thought I had it. It starts effortlessly and operates the blade. I got the seat reinstalled hoped on it and any go peddle kills it. I’m sure it’s the safety function I can hear solenoid click fast and it dies.

Is there another safety function I’m missing? I have satisfied pto,seat and parking brake. I’ve tried jumping them and different combos for entertainment.