any toro groundsmaster fans on here?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #31  
Thats what I was afraid of . Still may be worth picking the blower up

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #32  
I was asked to post to this thread, but I won't be here for too long. Earlier this spring I bought a 4wd 328 and put a Lastec deck on it. Cutd and runs great and I really like the mower. Unfortunately, my yard is just too steep and I'm sliding too much. Slid for a good 5 feet last night and was headed right towards the house. I steered out of it, but I'm sure my wife would have froze and hit the house. So I'm upgrading to the Toro 3500 and will be selling the 328. If anybody's interested it's actually on ebay right now...

Attachments

• 2015-08-10 19.20.15.jpg
    2015-08-10 19.20.15.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 579
  • 2015-08-10 18.44.02.jpg
    2015-08-10 18.44.02.jpg
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 499
  • 2015-08-10 17.39.41.jpg
    2015-08-10 17.39.41.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 549
   / any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #33  
Thanks for posting that neat mower deck.

Sorry the 328 didn't work for your slopes. Good luck on eBay.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #34  
Cord - Put some tires on that machine and it will do fine!

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #35  
Ok, Xfaxman said I should post here... here goes..

This is actually a Toro Pro Line 220, not really a groundsmaster. Not sure if it is a smaller model, older model or what but its very similar.I think it started life as a golf course mower or something as it has the number 4 on the front, so part of a fleet I'm guessing.
I had to replace/repair a bunch of stuff on it, most noteworthy the PTO driveshaft.$500 and due to the oddball splines on it I couldn't just get one made up!:(
It has a 20 hp Onan engine that runs great (knock on wood). It works well and cuts well but it has 2300 hours on it so it seems loose as a goose! And it rattles like crazy.. must be some way to settle down/tighten up that front deck!

So heres some glamor pics of the new to me mower.

Coming home.. nice use of my motorcycle trailer don't you think?

And here it is...

If it holds together I'll be happy... HEY... where do you get those R1 tires??? Gotten stuck a couple times now!

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #36  
Looks gooder-un! :thumbsup:

And it has the suspension seat.

I found the R1 tires and wheels on craigslist, they came from Ditch Witch.

The rears came from eBay.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #37  
Nice looking machine Hunt. Good Choice

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #38  
From the second post in this thread:

-------------------------------------------

Fourth one is a 1996 325D, from Bell Equipment, Stillwater, OK. Bought it in March 2009, for the 4WD and newer recycle deck.

P3300138.JPG

P3300139.JPG
I used it a lot since I got it in 2009, but in the spring of 2014, it started blowing coolant out of the radiator overflow tube, so I parked it, planning to swap engines with the 1993 parts machine.

Of course I never got a roundtuit. :eek: Then last month I saw a can of Bar's Leaks Head Gasket Fix and tried it. To my surprise it worked! Website: Bar's Leaks

1111-PNG3.png

It is operational again. :thumbsup:

PB230019.JPG

PB230024.JPG

Then I found a suspension seat base on eBay, so now I have another roundtuit project. :)

PC090002.JPG

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #39  
Well good news, I got a roundtuit. :D

Had to drill the TORO baseplate to match the bottom of the suspension seat base.

P1300001.JPG

Put some spacers on top, for the seat to bolt onto.

P1300003.JPG

The seat looks high, but with me sitting on it, it comes down about where the other one was, and has a lot of travel. :thumbsup:

P1300007.JPG

Now I am trying to decide which deck to use on it.:confused3:

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #40  
Looks gooder-un! :thumbsup:

And it has the suspension seat.

I found the R1 tires and wheels on craigslist, they came from Ditch Witch.

The rears came from eBay.

So, back to those R1 tires.. Been looking everywhere and no can find! The ones on my mower say 20x8-10, all I can find are 20x10-8... any clue if they would work? What size are yours?