Any Utility Vehicles with Hydraulic Power Beyond?

/ Any Utility Vehicles with Hydraulic Power Beyond? #1  

jgibbens

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 25D
I'm moving to a new place with some steep hills where a 4wd Utility vehicle might be more usefull than my current tractor. I have a hydraulic winch and 12 ton logsplitter that I'd like to keep using when the tractor is gone. Are there any hydrostat utility vehicles out there that can be set up for power beyond? Around 4 - 6 gpm at 2500 psi would be plenty. It looks like the Kubota RTV X 900 (used to?) have a hydraulic accessory capability but it doesn't show up in the current specs.

/ Any Utility Vehicles with Hydraulic Power Beyond? #2  
I'm not sure of any that would have the delivery you need except for possibly the Bobcat.....I don't thing the RTV has that much extra flow available.

/ Any Utility Vehicles with Hydraulic Power Beyond?
Yep, I asked my Kubota dealer to look into it and it's not recommended. The flow rate is supposed to be around 5gpm but no word on the pressure and it would need a cooler.

/ Any Utility Vehicles with Hydraulic Power Beyond? #4  
Deere's current pro gators have around 7.4 gpm, w/ 2400-2500 psi. Not a big price difference between these and the bobcat hydro's though, which is basically a compact tractor with two seats but with substantial hyd capabilities.

Deere's current pro gators have around 7.4 gpm, w/ 2400-2500 psi. Not a big price difference between these and the bobcat hydro's though, which is basically a compact tractor with two seats but with substantial hyd capabilities.

Wow, I'll look into those. Thanks.

/ Any Utility Vehicles with Hydraulic Power Beyond? #6  
It looks like the Kubota RTV X 900 (used to?) have a hydraulic accessory capability but it doesn't show up in the current specs.

Unless I am looking at something wrong, I just visited the Kubota website and they still offer the utility model RTV that has hydraulics. When I bought my RTV1100, the dealer had a RTV900 Work Utility model sitting on the lot that had a hydraulic utility system with a remote valve that powers several hydraulic tools, never asked whether it would power other stuff but I am not sure why not. I know he had a chain saw that would attach to it in the showroom which I think would be a a large load.

Unless I am looking at something wrong, I just visited the Kubota website and they still offer the utility model RTV that has hydraulics. When I bought my RTV1100, the dealer had a RTV900 Work Utility model sitting on the lot that had a hydraulic utility system with a remote valve that powers several hydraulic tools, never asked whether it would power other stuff but I am not sure why not. I know he had a chain saw that would attach to it in the showroom which I think would be a a large load.

I talked with two different dealers and they both felt that the hydraulic system would not be sufficient for my winch or log splitter.

/ Any Utility Vehicles with Hydraulic Power Beyond? #8  
I'd consider selling both the splitter and hyd winch and put an electric winch on the machine and get a standalone splitter. Probably cheaper and if your current splitter is 3pt mount, it will need modifications for its own frame and stand anyway to work with a UTV.

That being said, as already mentioned, take a look at Bobcat's Toolcat. They have 2 versions, both with a front loader but one has a dump bed, the other has 3pt hitch but no bed. Versatile but big bucks.

I'd consider selling both the splitter and hyd winch and put an electric winch on the machine and get a standalone splitter. Probably cheaper and if your current splitter is 3pt mount, it will need modifications for its own frame and stand anyway to work with a UTV.

That being said, as already mentioned, take a look at Bobcat's Toolcat. They have 2 versions, both with a front loader but one has a dump bed, the other has 3pt hitch but no bed. Versatile but big bucks.

The toolcat didn't look like it was set up to handle rough terrain very well and I need something that can handle a steep hill. hill.jpg
Here is the hill on the property. A mini excavator was able to get up and down using the bucket, but most other vehicles are probably going to need the winch. Maybe an old farm Jeep..

/ Any Utility Vehicles with Hydraulic Power Beyond? #10  
Nice land. How often will you need to traverse that hill? Or other ones like it? Regular winching gets old fast especially as part of a regular path. If it's part of a regular trail, I'd be inclined to cut/fill/regrade that it can be safely done without the winch. If winching is your plan, remember that you could get any vehicle up there hanging off a cable...even a Civic

While I've never driven a Toolcat, I do have time in Rhinos, 6x6 Rangers and 4 seater Rangers and do agree they are likley less capable in the rough but far more useful otherwise considering the loader